Airport Proximity to DLR and Ground Transportation Information Superthread (READ FIRST POST FOR OVERVIEW!)

Try booking Karmel Shuttle through Get Away Today. Kids ride free when you use their vouchers and pretty sure the adult rate is discount too.

I have used Karmel and Lansky. I preferred Lansky, but Karmel is cheaper and just fine. Granted, I have not used those in several years because we Uber now that my daughter no longer needs a booster seat. But I understand if you aren't a fan of ride shares.

Personally, I would still pay the extra for private shuttle not to hassle with renting a car and the time it will take away from getting to and from DLR. And no way would I enjoy driving in LA.

I could use some advice. We always take Super Shuttle to & from the resort, so I never pay much attention to the transportation posts. But, in January we will be arriving at LAX at midnight & Super Shuttle’s site says that it has no ride options for us. Are we best off just taking an Uber, or can someone recommend something better. I really don’t want to spend too much as this is already an extra trip for us that I shouldn’t have spent money on. But, at the same time we have to get to the DLH somehow, so I’ll take what I can get.

Alright folks, I'm thinking I need to reconsider our transportation plans. Anyone want to help? Our flight lands at SNA at 12:30 pm on a Monday. We don't plan to do much in DL this day, but would at least like to drop our luggage at BWPPI, get our proper park tickets, get a "first visit" button for The Boy, see the castle, and ride the monorail to Goofy's Kitchen for a (hopefully) 5:30 dinner. If we can squeeze in one ride (I was thinking teacups or carousel maybe), we will, but this isn't a dealbreaker.

Our flight departs SNA at 6:45 am the following Saturday. I figure we probably (??) need to leave BWPPI at 5:15.

My plan has been to use California Yellow Cab because of the convenience and flat $29 charge. Is that a good plan? Can I prebook them to arrive at BWPPI at 5:15 am, and if so, are they reliable?

Luggage-wise, we will have two larger suitcases, three backpacks, and a Summer Infant stroller (larger than a cheapie, but smaller than most strollers). On the way home, we will also be carrying a droid and a lightsaber. Simply due to luggage, I'm wondering if I need to book SuperShuttle….

@EmJ - Super Shuttle is closing down as of 12/31/2019, not sure when your trip is but you might try Prime Time Shuttle or Uber Black.

Reactions: EmJ
I could use some advice. We always take Super Shuttle to & from the resort, so I never pay much attention to the transportation posts. But, in January we will be arriving at LAX at midnight & Super Shuttle’s site says that it has no ride options for us. Are we best off just taking an Uber, or can someone recommend something better. I really don’t want to spend too much as this is already an extra trip for us that I shouldn’t have spent money on. But, at the same time we have to get to the DLH somehow, so I’ll take what I can get.

super shuttle goes out of business on December 31, 2019. I’m looking at Prime Time Shuttle or Uber black.

this gets good recommendations https://www.karmel.com/ Im going to try them for the first time for my June trip

Karmel Shuttle was fantastic, no problems at all. On time, friendly, and their vehicles are a bit nicer then the Super Shuttle vans. Plenty of room and works exactly the same as Super Shuttle. I do recommend price checking them with the Get Away Today vouchers- it was only $23 for me and my son to LAX.

super shuttle goes out of business on December 31, 2019. I’m looking at Prime Time Shuttle or Uber black.
Wow, that’s sad to hear. They always served us well. Thank you for letting me know. I’m sure that was probably mentioned earlier in this thread, but I just didn’t have it in to read through 50 pages.

Karmel Shuttle was fantastic, no problems at all. On time, friendly, and their vehicles are a bit nicer then the Super Shuttle vans. Plenty of room and works exactly the same as Super Shuttle. I do recommend price checking them with the Get Away Today vouchers- it was only $23 for me and my son to LAX.
I’ll check into those. Thank you.

Wow! The closing of SuperShuttle and ExecuCar is going to hit a lot of travelers hard. Especially in the less popular airports (like the one I fly out of).

I just got a quote from Karmel for 1 way LAX to DLH for 2 passengers in a shared van. It was $140.00. With Super Shuttle it would have been less than $60.00 round trip. I already miss them.

I just got a quote from Karmel for 1 way LAX to DLH for 2 passengers in a shared van. It was $140.00. With Super Shuttle it would have been less than $60.00 round trip. I already miss them.
Yep, more than double the cost of Super Shuttle - think I'll have to rent a car for the first time.

Yes, I also checked the price and they are crazy expensive in my opinion (and if you compare to DRE or supershuttle). I really hope something new/cheaper comes up in the next months...

I checked Prime Time out too. They’re pricing is almost twice that of Super Shuttle, but still better than most everything else. And this price is for a private car, rather than a shared shuttle as that is all their site will offer me. Although with LAX, that’s almost worse because you can’t get that service curbside, but rather have to bus to a pick up area. Anyway, I was going to book it, but my order wouldn’t process. It kept saying that it was trying to validate my cell phone #, but it never completed the process. I’m sure I can probably call them to complete the reservation if needed.

If transport from LAX is going to be that expensive, it may be worth paying a bit more to fly into SNA. I would think that transport to DL area hotels would be considerably cheaper from SNA than LAX. May make up for the increase in flight ticket price.

If transport from LAX is going to be that expensive, it may be worth paying a bit more to fly into SNA. I would think that transport to DL area hotels would be considerably cheaper from SNA than LAX. May make up for the increase in flight ticket price.
I do prefer to fly into SNA, but will buy LAX when the savings is significant. In the future, I will now have to figure the ground transportation in that equation as well. But, I had already bought these tickets before learning about Super Shuttle, so it was too late. I also fly into LAX in April, but at least I was able to get my return from SNA on that trip.

so has anyone used prime time shuttles reviews, they are the only shuttle company I can find that has wheelchair accesibility

so has anyone used prime time shuttles reviews, they are the only shuttle company I can find that has wheelchair accesibility
I have used them, but only within the LA area, never to/from Anaheim. The service was good and the vans were in decent shape.

I've priced out Karmel, Lansky, PrimeTime, XPress Shuttle - all for trips to LAX from San Bernardino County and wow, their prices are double what Super Shuttle charged!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter