Airport Proximity to DLR and Ground Transportation Information Superthread (READ FIRST POST FOR OVERVIEW!)

What is better to take to/from LAX: Lyft or Lansky’s? We arrive from Baltimore on 1/11 (Saturday) at about 10am and then leave from LAX at 9:30pm on 1/17 (Friday) both on Alaska Airlines and staying at GCH. I was thinking of allowing 5 hours to get to LAX on departure day. Is that enough? I’d rather sit at the airport than risk cutting it close. Also, due to luggage I was thinking Lyft XL would be needed over regular Lyft and price-wise that may come closer to Lansky’s (which is pretty expensive but seemed to have the best reviews). There will be 2 of us. Thanks!

Wondering about Uber/Lyft from SNA? We are arriving this Saturday morning around 9:30am on Southwest & are only doing carry-on. Where do they pick up & how soon should we order the ride? Also how long does it take roughly to get to hotels near TS lot & what is the estimated cost? I did read through some of this thread but couldn't get the search function to work for me? Thanks in advance for any advice!

What is better to take to/from LAX: Lyft or Lansky’s? We arrive from Baltimore on 1/11 (Saturday) at about 10am and then leave from LAX at 9:30pm on 1/17 (Friday) both on Alaska Airlines and staying at GCH. I was thinking of allowing 5 hours to get to LAX on departure day. Is that enough? I’d rather sit at the airport than risk cutting it close. Also, due to luggage I was thinking Lyft XL would be needed over regular Lyft and price-wise that may come closer to Lansky’s (which is pretty expensive but seemed to have the best reviews). There will be 2 of us. Thanks!
Lansky. Lyft has the messed up parking lot/shuttle situation right now.

Wondering about Uber/Lyft from SNA? We are arriving this Saturday morning around 9:30am on Southwest & are only doing carry-on. Where do they pick up & how soon should we order the ride? Also how long does it take roughly to get to hotels near TS lot & what is the estimated cost? I did read through some of this thread but couldn't get the search function to work for me? Thanks in advance for any advice!
I don’t know the details. But I always compare prices between lyft/uber and then sometimes take the taxi waiting out front.

Thanks! And that can be arranged so they are waiting for us? We want them ready to go. We've used private van transportation from MCO and become spoiled. Lol
I don’t think so. You sign up at the sidewalk when you get there and they have the next empty van come get you. Lanskys would do what you’re asking but I’m not sure the size of vehicles they have.

I arrived at SNA around 8:30am on a weekday with no checked luggage. The Uber/Lyft pickup area is on the departure level, so do not follow everyone down the escalator to baggage claim. Exit the secured TSA area and take the crosswalk directly outside the sliding doors. There's a sign posted directing you to the left side of the parking lot where you'll see a waiting area for your Uber/Lyft.

It took about 10 min for my Lyft to arrive, because the driver had to circle back again. It took less than 30 minwith a brief bit of traffic to a hotel on Harbor across the Disneyland entrance and I paid $22 not including tip. The quotes I checked before I flew were all closer to $25, so the prices may be higher depending on surge pricing.

I arrived at SNA around 8:30am on a weekday with no checked luggage. The Uber/Lyft pickup area is on the departure level, so do not follow everyone down the escalator to baggage claim. Exit the secured TSA area and take the crosswalk directly outside the sliding doors. There's a sign posted directing you to the left side of the parking lot where you'll see a waiting area for your Uber/Lyft.

It took about 10 min for my Lyft to arrive, because the driver had to circle back again. It took less than 30 minwith a brief bit of traffic to a hotel on Harbor across the Disneyland entrance and I paid $22 not including tip. The quotes I checked before I flew were all closer to $25, so the prices may be higher depending on surge pricing.
Thank you so much for these details! Theirs is so helpful:)

I’m struggling with deciding what to do for transportation. We are a family of 4 with a week worth of luggage. We will fly into John Wayne on a Saturday afternoon. We will check into Sheraton Universal that evening. Spend Sunday doing LA/Hollywood attractions. Spend Monday at Universal. Transport to Springhill Suites in Anaheim Monday evening. Remain there for 5 nights, fly back out of John Wayne Saturday mid day.
Does anyone have a suggestion on transportation for those legs? I’m not interested in having a car while at Disney (parking at hotel cost and park cost). But I feel like renting a car to drive from SNA to Universal is the most logical and keeping it to drive back to Anaheim. I’m wondering about returning it then. Is SNA the only/best option to do that and then hire transportation to Anaheim? Or is there something better that I’m not thinking of?

I’m struggling with deciding what to do for transportation. We are a family of 4 with a week worth of luggage. We will fly into John Wayne on a Saturday afternoon. We will check into Sheraton Universal that evening. Spend Sunday doing LA/Hollywood attractions. Spend Monday at Universal. Transport to Springhill Suites in Anaheim Monday evening. Remain there for 5 nights, fly back out of John Wayne Saturday mid day.
Does anyone have a suggestion on transportation for those legs? I’m not interested in having a car while at Disney (parking at hotel cost and park cost). But I feel like renting a car to drive from SNA to Universal is the most logical and keeping it to drive back to Anaheim. I’m wondering about returning it then. Is SNA the only/best option to do that and then hire transportation to Anaheim? Or is there something better that I’m not thinking of?
First question: is it possible to fly into BUR and fly out of SNA? BUR is so much closer to USH and would make the LA/Hollywood/USH part of your trip much easier.
If that isn't possible, a car service would be pricey, but convenient and take care of a lot of hassle for your arrival and departure trips. Try Lansky Car Service -- great reviews here.
Other option: if no car seats are needed (travel boosters are fine, if you provide your own), Uber or Lyft should work for all your transportation. It will be more expensive than renting a car, but at least you won't have to drive.

Our flight will depart on a Friday at 5:35 pm from Burbank airport. What time should we leave Desert Inn and Suites? We are planning on using Super Shuttle. We will have 5 in our party.

Traffic estimator tool:

Go to Google Maps:

https://www.google.com/maps/

Enter destination
Click on "Directions"
Enter Stating point
There is a drop down menu in the blur bar on the left that says "Leave By" that you can change to "Arrive At" and play with dates and time to see typical traffic travel times.

Rush hour passing near downtown LA I'd say leave by 3pm. Generally Super Shuttle will give you a recommended pickup time.

Amtrak has a train that leaves from Anaheim and stops at Burbank, leaves at 2pm.

Just wanted to give a huge shout out to Lansky’s for being amazing on our recent trip. We had a three hour flight delay just as we were leaving for the airport, and through some fancy phone work I managed to get our flight changed from LAX to SNA, coming in at a totally different time than originally planned. I called Lansky and they immediately said they could change our pickup time and location, no problem. I was planning to let them keep the fare difference for the trouble—but within minutes, I got an email with my refund information for the fare difference.

In addition to being amazingly flexible, they were right on time for pickup both times and totally professional, with a neat and clean big SUV and both types of car seats we requested.

We are DEFINITELY booking them for our next trip!

First question: is it possible to fly into BUR and fly out of SNA? BUR is so much closer to USH and would make the LA/Hollywood/USH part of your trip much easier.
If that isn't possible, a car service would be pricey, but convenient and take care of a lot of hassle for your arrival and departure trips. Try Lansky Car Service -- great reviews here.
Other option: if no car seats are needed (travel boosters are fine, if you provide your own), Uber or Lyft should work for all your transportation. It will be more expensive than renting a car, but at least you won't have to drive.
I have already purchased the tickets - got a great deal on frequent flyer miles from Harrisburg to SNA round trip on perfect days/times. Considering how much we saved on that, we’re willing to splurge a bit on car service instead of a rental. Thanks for the Lansky recommendation. I’ll contact them for a price quote and compare to a rental.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter