Airport Proximity to DLR and Ground Transportation Information Superthread (READ FIRST POST FOR OVERVIEW!)

I'm staying at a hotel near the airport, so will be picked up off site from the airport, so thankfully, this won't be an issue if I go that direction. Thanks!

I am going in April and was booked to fly in and out of LAX and I was dreading it after reading about all the ground transit issues along with the distance from Disneyland.

Well, in a strange twist of events, I learned (through the news Facebook - NOT from the airline) that my flight has actually been discontinued.

The airline rebooked me from a nonstop to one with a layover, and the flight times changed by 6 hours or so. I was able to cancel without penalty, and I rebooked (on another airline!) to fly in and out of SNA! :cheer2:

Of course, the new flight is more expensive and I still have a layover, but I don't have to deal with LAX! :cool1:

WOW, well that sucks. And I have a feeling that if Uber is bowing out, Lyft won't be too long to follow (assuming they're being tagged with the same fees).
As far as I know, Lyft is not bowing out, but taking up all the business left by Uber leaving ONT. And I've recently asked several Uber drivers about the ONT situation, and they all said (surprisingly) that many Uber drivers had given up on ONT long before Uber made it official.
ETA: I spoke with a local Uber driver today (11/21/19) who said that Lyft is still doing business at ONT and Uber is trying to renegotiate with ONT to lower the per ride fee. But as of today, Uber is still not doing any drop offs or pick ups at that airport.

Last edited:
Hi!
We are going to Disneyland in December 19-25) for a few days for the first part of our trip. We didn’t rent a car till after we leave since we don’t use one while we are at the resort. What is the best way for a family of 4, two adults and two kids (8 and 12) to get to DL? I heard the shuttle makes lots of stops so we definitely don’t want to do that!
Any advice appreciated!
TIA
kellymouse

There are two ways I can think of (and I've done both of them) -

A private car service or Uber/Lyft/Taxi
Expect to pay around $50 for an Uber/Lyft and a little more if you prefer Taxi (I haven't actually done the Taxi option)
I have also used AnaheimTownCarServices and they run about $125 one way from the airport. The nice thing is they will pick you up right at your terminal.

An option you may not have considered -
You could rent a car one way from LAX to Anaheim. I've done this several times recently and that's what I am doing this Sunday and it's costing me $53 plus gas. The drop off location is very close to the parks and hotels on Harbor Blvd. The actual drop off for both National Rental Car and Alamo is on Katella about a half a block off of Harbor Blvd. Very convenient. I am choosing this option now because the change to the Ride Share system has slowed the process down (especially if you aren't flying into Terminal 4 on Southwest). Southwest Airlines Terminal 4 is the only terminal that is walking distance to the new ride share lot. All other airlines and terminals require you to take a bus from the terminal to the lot. Not necessarily the end of the world but just another inconvenience. I happen to be flying in on United this trip so chose the one way rental car option for my convenience and price.

I'm sure there are other options but those are the ones I have used.

We used SuperShuttle - it was the most cost effective, but it did add probably about 40 minutes to an already long-ish commute. We were stop #4 out of 6, but we were unlucky in that there were 6 couples of 2 in our 12 passenger van. With a family of 4, you'd at least help eliminate a stop!

On the way back, we used an Uber. A little pricier but definitely faster.

We used SuperShuttle - it was the most cost effective, but it did add probably about 40 minutes to an already long-ish commute. We were stop #4 out of 6, but we were unlucky in that there were 6 couples of 2 in our 12 passenger van. With a family of 4, you'd at least help eliminate a stop!

On the way back, we used an Uber. A little pricier but definitely faster.
Uh-oh...
Super Shuttle suspended at LAX over insurance issue
In searching the Google for a link to the article, found out that Minneapolis is affected to.

I've read so many pages of the main transportation link, overwhelmed by all the great info!

We arrive Thanksgiving morning, Southwest so walking to LAX-it wouldn't be the worst thing. I am concerned that Uber and Lyft will be too expensive, I'm assuming they will increase their prices since its Thanksgiving. Plus we are 4 adults and 4 pieces of luggage, so we will need the XL.

I almost booked SuperShuttle and then saw the post that they are currently suspended from LAX. Does anyone know if Execucar is also suspended? My understanding is that they are a Super Shuttle business.

Lansky's is too expensive. PrimeTime shuttle prices weren't horrible, but I've read mixed reviews. I've tried looking up Taxi's Flat Rates but I can't seem to find any information on those.

If anyone has any advise, I could sure use it.

Thank you so much!

You can go in the app and punch in the address with a pickup time to see your actual pricing. I just did that right now on Lyft to check their pricing to Disneyland proper.

https://www.latimes.com/travel/story/2019-11-21/super-shuttle-cancels-lax-reservations
SuperShuttle suspends service to and from LAX over insurance problems

NOV. 21, 2019

4:31 PM
SuperShuttle customers with reservations for rides to and from Los Angeles International Airport apparently were out of luck for a second day Friday. The airport ride service suspended operations Thursday at this and other California sites for being out of compliance with state insurance requirements.

Nov. 16, 2019
“SuperShuttle’s operating permit is currently suspended because they are not in compliance with [California Public Utilities Commission] insurance requirements,” commission spokeswoman Terrie Prosper wrote in an email Thursday. “SuperShuttle is working on resolving the issue.” Prosper said the suspension affects a 280 SuperShuttle operations across the state but didn’t specify which ones.

To check on the status of your SuperShuttle reservation, go online to SuperShuttle LAX or call (800) 258-3826.
Prime Time Shuttle tweeted out that the company would be happy to take SuperShuttle customers to LAX, offering a $5 discount code to boot.

Mark Lundy at SuperShuttle’s Phoenix office said the company is aware of the suspension and that “the local office is working on it.” There was no word on when reservations would be resumed.
LAX received a call Wednesday saying that a change in insurance carriers may have caused a problem for SuperShuttle to operate as a transportation charter party, said Becca Doten, media director at Los Angeles World Airports.
SuperShuttle also services Santa Ana’s airport. “We are aware of SuperShuttle’s service cancellation to LAX; service to John Wayne Airport is not affected,” airport spokeswoman Tricia Landquist wrote in an email Thursday.

An operator at the reservation center for SuperShuttle, whose blue vans with yellow script have been serving riders for 35 years, according to its website, said Thursday that “for today, we have canceled all reservations due to operational capacity.” The operator could not place future reservations and didn’t know when Super Shuttle reservations would resume.

Dec. 1, the end of the traditional long weekend, may see as many as 3.1 million passengers, the group said.

I hope that they get it resolved fast. I love Super Shuttle. We don’t fly into LAX, only SNA or LGB.

I have found Grand Transportation to be the best and most reliable. They have shuttle vans pick you up right after you get your luggage and take you directly to your hotel. There number is
714-747-1233

We've used Express Shuttle Services and they were great to work with. Affordable to - came to about $40 per person round trip for our group of 10.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter