• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airport Security

piglet1956

Earning My Ears
Hi , Could somebody tell me how much before a flight you should arrive at the airport. We have a 6:30 am flight and thought arriving at 5:00 am would be ok.Shoiuld we arrive earlier. We are leaving from the Calgary airport. Can't wait for the warm weather!

piglet,

I work security at the Calgary Airport and I would recommend getting there for at least 4:45 am. What airline are you flying?
Most check-in desks are open at 5:00 am but already have line-ups before that time.

I am assuming you are going to the U.S. this trip. ? At 5 am, there is a very long line for check-in and then another line for Customs and yet another line at the security check point in C Concourse.

We flew United in January and arrived at approx 5:00 am for a 7 am flight and the check in line was almost an hour long!

:confused:

I'm told it should be at least 3 hours for international flights ... but that seems kind of excessive in your case :) That would mean you'd have to be at the airport at 3 AM. The new security makes getting through the airport a little longer but not much IMHO ... I guess it would depend on how busy the airport is on the day that you're leaving ...

Thanks for the information Timon. We are flying with America west so the info is limited and yes we are flying to Orlando.

Just got back. I had a 6:30 am flight out of Toronto. Arrived shortly after 4:00 and had my bording pass by 4:15. At Pearson you clear US customs at the airport. The US customs did not open until 5:00am. I was about 25th in line. The line has seversal hundred by the time the they opened. I was cleared customs and security by 5:15AM

LOL ~ we ALWAYS arrive WAY too early and sit around forever. But it's vacation, so we are relaxed and chat about our vacation! S

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter