Airport Transportation for Couple

Peachy0118

Mouseketeer
Hi all. I had a look at the other transportation threads and am having trouble finding the info that fits us, as most people are posting about traveling with a large group.

We are just a couple - no kids - and some luggage - nothing excessive. (One suitcase and carry-on).

We are flying into LAX and were planning on just getting an uber to Anaheim; is this still the best option? I keep seeing cabs mentioned. Is that a better option?

Has anyone had any recent experience with this? We don't need any car seats or vans or anything like that.

TIA!

Ride share is a good option. In that past year the taxi's have reacted to ride share by lowering their prices so a taxi is also a good option. One isn't better than another.

We are only 2 and we consistently use Lansky’s. I am a single mother traveling with my daughter. I have found them reliable, easy, clean vehicles, and courteous drivers. To me, they are worth the cost.

I would probably take a cab. Less likely to have the trunk full of someone else's stuff. You won't need to store a ton of stuff, but I don't love traveling with a suitcase on my lap.

I would probably take a cab. Less likely to have the trunk full of someone else's stuff. You won't need to store a ton of stuff, but I don't love traveling with a suitcase on my lap.
Do you just use the cabs at the airport or do you prefer a specific company?

Uber will be the most economical for that distance...if there is surge pricing you could always just hop in a cab. Both are on standby at the LAX transportation center so no need to overplan unless you want to use a private car service.

Taxi you just hop in the next available in line, you can't schedule a specific company for airport pickups I believe.

We are only 2 and we consistently use Lansky’s. I am a single mother traveling with my daughter. I have found them reliable, easy, clean vehicles, and courteous drivers. To me, they are worth the cost.
I booked Lansky's for my family of 4, because of reviews like this. I know it is more expensive, but I would prefer a vehicle service over a cab or uber.

My DH and I are going to Disneyland in May, and we've booked the airport transfer with MidWilShuttle. The quoted price return from LAX to the Disneyland Hotel is $125 each way.

We've used Prime Time Shuttle previously without issue, but thought we'd give MidWilShuttle a go this time.

I booked Lansky's for my family of 4, because of reviews like this. I know it is more expensive, but I would prefer a vehicle service over a cab or uber.
We just used Lansky’s last month after seeing reviews on these boards. I wouldn’t do it any other way if we go again. It was myself, husband, and two year old. They were great!

We just used Lansky’s last month after seeing reviews on these boards. I wouldn’t do it any other way if we go again. It was myself, husband, and two year old. They were great!
Thank you! This makes me feel good about my recent decision to use them in July when myself and my grandson arrive. I like the grocery store stop they offer as well as meeting you in baggage claim area.

Can I ask why you'd prefer that over something like uber?
I know you didn't ask me, but I would like to chime in. I have done ride share and cabs before. It was with mixed results. And I will say admittedly I have had more good experiences than bad experiences. But, it hasn't been overwhelmingly good experiences versus bad.

When my family went to WDW last year, we used FL Tours for a private transportation. After doing so, with a courtesy stop at a grocery store, personal service of helping with baggage, knowing I'm going to have a certain type/style of fleet vehicle (e.g. Suburban) and I felt they acted with a level of professionalism because their are part of a small business that is reliant on word of mouth and testimonials (like what you see here from DISboards posters). I am sure there are cab drivers and ride share drivers that deeply care about the work they do and this post isn't meant to suggest that ride share folks and cabbies just are bunch of jerks. However, there is something comforting about arriving at the airport and knowing that a driver is scheduled to pick you up and provide professional, direct service to you and that you aren't trying to hustle at an airport or hotel to find some random person to do the transportation for you.

There are always risks with whatever you choose to do.

I know you didn't ask me, but I would like to chime in. I have done ride share and cabs before. It was with mixed results. And I will say admittedly I have had more good experiences than bad experiences. But, it hasn't been overwhelmingly good experiences versus bad.

When my family went to WDW last year, we used FL Tours for a private transportation. After doing so, with a courtesy stop at a grocery store, personal service of helping with baggage, knowing I'm going to have a certain type/style of fleet vehicle (e.g. Suburban) and I felt they acted with a level of professionalism because their are part of a small business that is reliant on word of mouth and testimonials (like what you see here from DISboards posters). I am sure there are cab drivers and ride share drivers that deeply care about the work they do and this post isn't meant to suggest that ride share folks and cabbies just are bunch of jerks. However, there is something comforting about arriving at the airport and knowing that a driver is scheduled to pick you up and provide professional, direct service to you and that you aren't trying to hustle at an airport or hotel to find some random person to do the transportation for you.

There are always risks with whatever you choose to do.
This makes sense and we often use a shuttle service when travelling in other countries.

Thank you for sharing!

I highly recommend In Style Transportation for all SoCal ground transportation needs. They have the best fleet of cars (brand new Cadillac Escalades and Lincoln Continentals and Navigators only), and fantastic chauffeurs who provide a stellar level of service. Their prices are also quite reasonable for the level of service they provide.

I highly recommend In Style Transportation for all SoCal ground transportation needs. They have the best fleet of cars (brand new Cadillac Escalades and Lincoln Continentals and Navigators only), and fantastic chauffeurs who provide a stellar level of service. Their prices are also quite reasonable for the level of service they provide.
Thanks. Not quite what we are looking for, but perhaps this will be a helpful recommendation for someone else reading this thread; Sounds like a nice service!

I too like the knowledge that I have transportation taken care of and I don’t have to hustle to find it. I also like the fact that I don’t have to walk to a transportation center with my luggage. Not that I can’t do it, I find it just adds another layer of hassle on travel days.

A number of years ago, my sister, my DD and I took a shared shuttle service from LAX to DL. It was okay, the driver was nice, the van not the cleanest but we got to DL with no problems. Another time I think I took a cab from SNA to DL. It wasn’t the best experience. I decided I wasn’t going to go the crapshoot cab route any more. I used to participate in the runDisney races at DL. I wanted to get to the Expo in the morning that it opened. I didn’t want hassles. I used Lansky’s and it made all the difference in the world. I will never go back. My sister came with me and my DD one race and we used Lansky’s. She totally agreed that it was and is worth it.

My older brother has always been protective of me, maybe even borderline over protective. When he heard of our cab experience, he became worried the next time we were traveling to DL. I told him that I had scheduled Lansky’s. He even called them to make sure it was safe. They were nice to him and assured him that they would “take care of us.” Like is said in my first post, they have always been professional, kind and courteous. They have always met me at baggage claim, taken my bags to the vehicle, their vehicles are clean and nice. I have never felt unsafe in any way. It is worth the price for me. I just budget it in.

I too like the knowledge that I have transportation taken care of and I don’t have to hustle to find it. I also like the fact that I don’t have to walk to a transportation center with my luggage. Not that I can’t do it, I find it just adds another layer of hassle on travel days.

A number of years ago, my sister, my DD and I took a shared shuttle service from LAX to DL. It was okay, the driver was nice, the van not the cleanest but we got to DL with no problems. Another time I think I took a cab from SNA to DL. It wasn’t the best experience. I decided I wasn’t going to go the crapshoot cab route any more. I used to participate in the runDisney races at DL. I wanted to get to the Expo in the morning that it opened. I didn’t want hassles. I used Lansky’s and it made all the difference in the world. I will never go back. My sister came with me and my DD one race and we used Lansky’s. She totally agreed that it was and is worth it.

My older brother has always been protective of me, maybe even borderline over protective. When he heard of our cab experience, he became worried the next time we were traveling to DL. I told him that I had scheduled Lansky’s. He even called them to make sure it was safe. They were nice to him and assured him that they would “take care of us.” Like is said in my first post, they have always been professional, kind and courteous. They have always met me at baggage claim, taken my bags to the vehicle, their vehicles are clean and nice. I have never felt unsafe in any way. It is worth the price for me. I just budget it in.

If I was travelling alone I wouldn't even question taking a full service. Travelling with my (rather large) husband though I feel a bit safer.

Can I ask what happened with the cab?

I felt like I was being taken advantage of. This was prior to Lyft or Uber so there wasn’t any competition. I travel alone with my DD. I asked for a flat rate and he said they don’t offer it. I should have stopped and chose another driver. I am not being rude here, but every time I said something, he pretended to have a language problem, like he didn’t understand English. I knew were we were going and how to get there (staying at the Candy Cane) and he was driving around trying to find the Candy Cane. Finally, after going the same way twice, both on the wrong side of the road to enter the Candy Cane, I had him drop us off and we walked to the Candy Cane. My DD was upset and crying because she thought we were “kidnapped.”

I have been in many cabs in NYC and have never felt like that.

Can I ask why you'd prefer that over something like uber?
I have to laugh because my husband and I are probably one of the few mid-thirty something’s that just never needed to/wanted to use a ride share service. Traveling with a toddler, I knew we were going to have a lot of luggage and accessories (car seat for the second part of our trip/stroller) that we wouldn’t have had if it was just us. They also had a car seat set up for us so we didn’t have to unpack/use ours. They weren’t able to meet us at baggage claim because of construction going on at LAX, but it was super easy to find them right outside baggage claim. I liked the idea of something being set up over having to wait for someone to pick us up. We were flying from Florida so it was already a long day. As soon as we landed I had a text saying our driver was waiting in the cell phone lot, and to let us know when we had our baggage. It was worth it to us to pay more for the peace of mind that the car would be big enough for our stuff, making a stop at the store, and the company has a good reputation here so I felt like we would be in good hands. And we were. I was nervous until I got that text saying they were at the airport. They were great taking us back to LAX for a super early flight as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter