Airtran - no more FNT to MCO????!!!!

bear_mom

DIS Veteran
So, AT just opened up their schedule more and there doesn't appear to be anymore Flint to Orlando. I called to book a certificate (which I can't book yet, need to wait a few weeks until A+ flight are available) and they confirmed :sad::sick:

The person I talked to wasn't sure if Southwest was taking over the route though.

Emily

So, AT just opened up their schedule more and there doesn't appear to be anymore Flint to Orlando. I called to book a certificate (which I can't book yet, need to wait a few weeks until A+ flight are available) and they confirmed :sad::sick:

The person I talked to wasn't sure if Southwest was taking over the route though.

Emily
Flint, Michigan, is one of the airports where AirTran will terminate service on April 13, 2013, and Southwest will begin service on April 14, 2013.

There is no guarantee that Southwest will serve the same routes from Flint.

Southwest's new schedule is expected Monday.

Since SW bought them over a year ago, AirTran has eliminated service from alot of smaller airports. SW took over some of them, most of them not.

I had the same panic when I checked tonight for flights between MCO and PWM (Portland Maine). After researching, I discovered that Southwest is taking over the route on April 14! I prefer Southwest, so this was good news for me. Hopefully that is what is happening at Flint too!

I needed to use up compensation tickets so I need to fly Airtran. Luckily they opened their compensation tickets today and I was able to book out of Grand Rapids. A little further for me to drive, but not as bad as going to Detroit.

Emily

That explains why I can't find any non-stop out of Flint like I used to, and why there are only like 4 flights a day out of there.

Looks like Flint has one non-stop but Portland only has stops or connections.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter