AirTran out of Pittsbrugh

mzmickey

Mouseketeer
Found a flight listed for $79 per person, with a layover in Atlanta of about a 1/2 hour.

The entire flight would cost $390 for a round trip for my DH and I.

My question is, is that enough time (1/2 hour) to switch to our connecting flight?

Thanks!

Some people may say 1/2 hour is not enough time to change planes in the Atlanta airport. I say 1/2 hour is not enough time to change planes in ANY airport. Too many unknown factors --delays getting to the gate, weather delaying the flight, how long it will take for you to get off the plane once they start deboarding -- can reduce your 30 minute layover to a 3 minute sprint through the terminal.

In Atlanta, all of AirTran's gates take up half of the C Concourse (about 18 gates in all) and they're relatively close. Still, if you come in at gate C-1 and have to get to gate C-16 and you're delayed by anything I mentioned, it would be tight. Is there another option with a longer layover?

mzmickey,

My DS and I flew from Pittsburgh to Orlando in June and the gates for the connecting flights in Atlanta were either right next door or across the concourse. We had plenty of time to get our next flight, partly because each flight was delayed!!:rolleyes:

Airtran has 11 flights a day from ATL to MCO with the last one leaving at 10:20, so, unless you are on one of the last flights, you should have no problem getting on another flight, without waiting all day if you miss the connection.

I don't mind taking my chances in exchange for a good fare. I do, however, take a carryon bag with everything I need for the first 24 hours in the event of a baggage delay. Luckily, I've only had to utilize it once!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter