AK is No Half Day Park

AK is a 2 day park for us. Absolutely get in line for FoP 5 minutes before park close. Even if it isn’t dark when you come out, you get a much more empty AK.

Be aware that the Boneyard is hot as hades in the summer time, which limits the fun .

For our August trip we currently have two days set aside so we can take a more casual approach. We do some more time consuming activities though like Wilderness Explorers, pin trading, drawing at Rafiki's planet watch and character meets. I think one day is doable but I'd be exhausted at the end I think.

AK is a 2 day park for us. Absolutely get in line for FoP 5 minutes before park close. Even if it isn’t dark when you come out, you get a much more empty AK.

Be aware that the Boneyard is hot as hades in the summer time, which limits the fun .
Ya no kidding. But its so fun. So i think we are starting our 2nd day at the boneyard!

Navi
FOP
Gorilla trail
Mahataja trail
Lion king show
Rafiki planet watch
Bird show
Kali River
Everest
Boneyard
Nemo show
Dinosoar
Tri spi
Oasis animal trails
Bugs life show
Character meet and greets
Plus lunch and Dinner.

Agree, every time i post my itinerary/plans for my first trip to WDW people say i don't need 2 days, but i know my first day will be starting at like noon, and my second day i’m planning on hopping at the end, but i too want to see all the animals, trails, safari, food, architecture, as well as all the rides.!!
If i have to i’ll go back at the end of my trip, just to make sure i cross everything off my list, which now im going to cross reference your list with mine. ;)

My longest park day is always AK. And then I often go back for a second day. When I go to Rafiki's Planet Watch to see the vet procedures, I have stood there for up to 2 hours, watching the goings on. And if I go another day, it's a different animal, a different procedure. I've gone through the Maharaja Jungle Trek, then felt like going later in the day, and seen a whole bunch of different things I hadn't seen before, and maybe NOT see some animals that were not out in the morning. My favorite park.

My longest park day is always AK. And then I often go back for a second day. When I go to Rafiki's Planet Watch to see the vet procedures, I have stood there for up to 2 hours, watching the goings on. And if I go another day, it's a different animal, a different procedure. I've gone through the Maharaja Jungle Trek, then felt like going later in the day, and seen a whole bunch of different things I hadn't seen before, and maybe NOT see some animals that were not out in the morning. My favorite park.
I love AK too! The past few trips I’ve taken to doing Safari twice. Last year I was doing it the second time right before it closes and got off just in time to do it again. Each ride always seems to have something unique about it, whether it’s a great driver, a rhino putzing around our truck for 10 minutes, lions roaring….

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter