AK: Nemo or Lion King show w 5yo?

EKGinNYC

Earning My Ears
Hello - We are taking our 5yo daughter to WDW for a long weekend and have only half a day to spend at AK. We can get fast passes for Finding Nemo and the Lion King Festival, but will only be able to attend one of these shows.
Which do people think is the better of the two? DD enjoys theatre and musicals - has no preference for either story line. Thoughts from those who have seem them?
Thanks in advance!

Both are worth it, so you really can't go wrong. Personally I would choose Lion King, but I think DD5 would choose Nemo because of the puppets. However she loves the monkeys at Lion King.

Sorry, not much help!

Thanks! That actually is helpful, as I am stressing out about which fast pass to book and worrying I'll regret my choice for all eternity. :)
Sounds like she would love either. I'm wondering also if FP is usually more necessary for one or the other...

You might be able to show her on YouTube. Personally, I like the concept of Nemo but it just manages to fall short somehow and I don't quite know why. FLK is one of my favorites things at any part of Disney though :)

You might be able to show her on YouTube. Personally, I like the concept of Nemo but it just manages to fall short somehow and I don't quite know why. FLK is one of my favorites things at any part of Disney though :)
Thanks - great suggestion to check them out on YouTube! I've taken a look and it was a big help. Leaning towards FLK!

thanks to all who replied!

I just saw both last month with my DS8 and they were both worth it so I would suggest getting a FP to the one that is closer to the other things you'll be doing. For instance, if you're not going to do anything else in Africa, then don't walk all the way over there if you're staying on the Dino side of AK.

Lion King the must for this family with 10, 6 and 4 year olds.
We've been doing it for the past 5 years every time we go.

Nemo was ok but nothing beats Lion King or the old Tarzan show.

Nemo is good, but Lion King is amazing - and so different from normal theater. Truly a 'festival'. For a 5 year old, I think LK hands down. Clearly opinions differ, though, so you really can't go wrong.

Tough choice! I would go with Lion King...I think it's more fun and it's interactive. But Nemo is good too. Good luck deciding!

Thought I'd follow up on this and post our experience. Many thanks to all those who replied to my original post.
We chose Lion King for our fast pass and my 5yo loved it. The music was wonderful, the cast was great, and we even got to interact a bit with the performers. We just happened to be seated on the end of a row, third row back, and we had one of the monkeys come over & play, a stilt walker jump right in front of us to say hi, and Timon came up and kissed my daughter's hand! It was an unexpected and very special treat.
I would not suggest, however, riding the Kali River Rapids right before the show or you may end up like us: wet and a bit cold in the well air-conditioned theatre! ;)

Love both, but if I had to choose, it would be the Lion King. It is more interactive for children. My kids have been chosen a couple of times to play the instruments and walk with the performers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter