AK Rainforest Cafe-My Family’s Favorite!

bwbuddy5

First trips WDW MK 1972, Epcot 1982
I know, I’m as shocked as you are. We were a party of 9, including two seniors and one 4yo girl. We had a late return flight on our last day, and had FOP FPs, so I found ADR availability at RFC, and reluctantly made the ADR to use our final 9 dining plan credits. The family decided it was their favorite meal of the week (our other restaurants are listed below).

Are there any other closet RFC fans out there?

Our other ADRs:
Sanaa
BOG dinner
SciFi
Garden Grill breakfast
Coral Reef
Tusker House breakfast/lunch
Boma breakfast and dinner
CRT

We love AK Rainforest Cafe for breakfast before we start our day at the park. The omelets are wonderful and huge.

We've only had breakfast at the RFC at AK and loved it! We ALWAYS have to go to the RFC at Disney Springs. I don't know if it's nostalgia or the volcano that keeps calling us back!

Have been debating making an ADR here and I think you’ve just convinced me! What were your party’s favorite things you ate there?

When it comes to the Landry’s at Disney, I prefer Yak & Yeti, but Rainforest was not bad the couple times we dined there.

We have dinner there EVERY trip! Always have great food & great service. The Primal Steak & the Primal Cheesecake are my favorites. I always get so irritated when people say "don't bother with Rainforest. Its a chain restaurant, you can eat there anywhere". There are only about 27 Rainforest Cafes in existence and the closest to me is 430 miles from my home and just happens to be at Animal Kingdom, lol.

Have been debating making an ADR here and I think you’ve just convinced me! What were your party’s favorite things you ate there?

If you like spicy, the Korean Stir Fry is excellent. And, the 2-person chocolate Sparkling Volcano is insane!

We've never had a bad meal there. It was tradition to eat there every time we went to Disneyland. We're in WA and they closed the RFC in Seattle. I'm not sure which is closest to us now that they're closing the Disneyland one.

Closest to us is 4 hours away.
That’s about the same as us. We have one 3 hours away. I had the chicken Parmesan at the one near us and it was really good. We’ve never been to the one at Disney though.

I would like to pick on your choice but my family loves Ohana so much we eat there twice every trip and there are several posters/reviewers that truly hate the place. So if you have found a place that your entire family like you really have to stick with it although as an earlier poster has said if you like Rainforest (its owned by Landry's) you should give Yak & Yeti a try sometime.

I would like to pick on your choice but my family loves Ohana so much we eat there twice every trip and there are several posters/reviewers that truly hate the place. So if you have found a place that your entire family like you really have to stick with it although as an earlier poster has said if you like Rainforest (its owned by Landry's) you should give Yak & Yeti a try sometime.

That’s funny, my family doesn’t like Ohanas and could really care less who owns what. We stopped reading reviews a long time ago - we like what we like.

That’s funny, my family doesn’t like Ohanas and could really care less who owns what. We stopped reading reviews a long time ago - we like what we like.
That's what I tell people. When I read reviews I do pay a lot of attention to service. When the wait staff stops caring its usually a bad sign of what they are about to serve you.

I still read reviews but I usually find out that I like the restaurants that no one talks about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter