AK right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will get there super easy tomorrow too only because the merch line in pandora was hours long but right away it wasn't! So tomorrow I'll be heading right there then getting out ha!

It was nuts!! Fop was worth the wait!! I only had to wait 45 minutes but would have gladly waited longer! After I grabbed a Night Blossom and made my way out of the park!! The fast pass line was up to the front of the park when I left!!!!! No thank you

What time did you get to the Animal Kingdom? When did they let you in the park?

Standby is 250 mins now! The lines back in Pandora are insane and weave in and out of each other. Pandora was closed due to capacity at 7:15 this morning.

Good luck people that are there! Hopefully it won't be in closure when I get there Wednesday. :)

I got to AK At 4 am and there was probably 20 people already there. Bag check opened at 545 and they let us in at about 645. Even though I was one of the first people there, I ended up at the end of the first wave of people let into Pandora. The ticket line I was in for held up so streams of people jumped on front of all of us who were waiting for hours

Silly question for those who rode flight of passage: If you are feeling woozy and just shut your eyes, will you be okay? I keep hearing this ride is very nausea-inducing. From what I hear, I am assuming it is kind of a flight simulator. Are your feet always on the ground?

We got there just before 4:30 am. We rode Banshee walk on and were off by 7:25. Had breakfast in the canteen. Back at the hotel for a nap and will head back for our River fp in a bit. Park was more crowded than Pandora. They are keeping it under control ....at least they were earlier. It Is awsome.

Pic is from behind me as they held us at the bridge at 6:45.

Attachments

• 1495884731284.jpg
    1495884731284.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 237
Silly question for those who rode flight of passage: If you are feeling woozy and just shut your eyes, will you be okay? I keep hearing this ride is very nausea-inducing. From what I hear, I am assuming it is kind of a flight simulator. Are your feet always on the ground?

The video I've seen of the ride vehicle shows your feet are not on the ground. You straddle something like a bike, and your knees are locked into place. Bent back a little. And there is a seat back that pops up behind you and locks into place as well.

The video I've seen of the ride vehicle shows your feet are not on the ground. You straddle something like a bike, and your knees are locked into place. Bent back a little. And there is a seat back that pops up behind you and locks into place as well.

Your feet are on the ground, you aren't dangling like on Soarin'. The whole vehicle is also attached to the ground. Some folks have had to ride with their feet pointed, on toes, to get the leg restraints to click in. Go over to the first page of the main Pandora thread. There's lots of info there about the ride vehicle.

Your feet are on the ground, you aren't dangling like on Soarin'. The whole vehicle is also attached to the ground. Some folks have had to ride with their feet pointed, on toes, to get the leg restraints to click in. Go over to the first page of the main Pandora thread. There's lots of info there about the ride vehicle.

To clarify, you feet are not on the ground. They are on the ride vehicle. That is what I meant. I have the video showing the restraint system open right now, and you are definitely not touching the ground with your feet.

When is the last time any park went into a Phase 3. Since I have been already here and in the Disney bubble I've only heard of Phase 1 closures.

according to Touring Plans, only MK has had a Phase 3 closure in the past 10 years:
  • Magic Kingdom: April 7, 2009; December 29 and 31, 2009; March 30, 2010; December 25 and 31, 2010; December 31, 2011; December 27, 28, and 31, 2012; January 2, 2013; March 25-28, 2013; July 4, 2013; December 31, 2013.

And only MK had a phase 4 in the past 10 years, and only once:
  • The park and parking lot are closed to all arriving guests. The only Phase 4 Closure in the past 10 years has been Magic Kingdom on April 7, 2009.
(this seems old though - but basically just occassional MK - sometimes on NY for EPCOT)

Any reports on how the rest of the park is doing? As in, how long are the lines for Everest and the safari?

Any reports on how the rest of the park is doing? As in, how long are the lines for Everest and the safari?

According to the app.

Flight of Passage: 250 minutes
Na'vi River Journey: 195 minutes
Kilimanjaro Safaris: 95 minutes
Kali River Rapids: 80 minutes
Dinosaur: 60 minutes
Expedition Everest: 55 minutes
Primeval Whirl: 40 minutes
Adventurers Outpost: 30 minutes
It's Tough to be a Bug!: 20 Minutes
TriceraTop Spin: 10 minutes

Next FP+ availability is Primeval Whirl at 1:15pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter