mtrib

Mouseketeer
What say you, Dis Gurus?

Bug or UP or Nemo?

Party is me, DH, DS17 and DD14.

What say you, Dis Gurus?

Bug or UP or Nemo?

Party is me, DH, DS17 and DD14.
You forgot Festival of the Lion King... by far the best!

Up (the bird show) is not nearly as good as the previous Flights of Wonder used to be.

We do like Nemo... if Broadway shows are your thing, its pretty good.

Bug is good (since you don’t have any little kids.)

Festival of the Lion King is really fun, but the wait can be killer if its hot that day.

Nemo is, for lack of a better word, grand and a fairlybig show (of memory serves me) and indoors.

Bug is my favorite. Its too cute and even the seats are part of the show.

Or try to do them all!

Lion King is one of the best shows at Disney World. It’s got everything...great singing, acrobats, stilt walkers, dancers,
Timone, and of course Simba! Nemo is a nearly Broadway quality show in a shortened time frame. If you like the movie and/or Broadway musicals, it’s a don’t miss. Bugs Life is cute, but a 4D movie doesn’t compare to live action shows with talented performers. I’ve refused to see the bird show since they changed it, so can’t comment there from personal experience but reviews are mostly negative. It is not an elaborate stage show production with tons of actors etc like LK or Nemo.

Lion King for sure. Bug is really fun! I'm in the NO camp for Nemo, but to each his own. UP is okay to fill time between Fps. It's not horrible, but not something I need to do every trip.

TOTALLY doing Lion King! I have been well taught by you fabulous people. I was wondering about a second show. Only time for one more in my TP.

Lion King hands down. Best show on property. Next at AK would be Bugs Life

For me the order of preference is

1- Festival of the Lion King

2- Finding Nemo - The Musical

3- It’s Tough to be a Bug!

4- UP! A Great Bird Adventure

Since you are already planning on FOTLK, my recommendation is It’s Tough to Be a Bug. As many times as I have seen it, it is still good for a few laughs.

Lion King is a do not miss type show, Broadway quality included in a theme park admission. We've never had to wait to enter the show though.
Nemo is a notch below Lion King, but seems a bit longer/more tedious. It's still one of the top shows at Disney
Bug-love it, but it's a 10-12 minute movie, different type of attraction. We do this every time.
Up!-just saw it for the first time last week. Sorry, Disney can do better than that. I'm not one to be rude and leave a show early, but plenty did. It was just plain awful.

Nemo is my absolute favorite (I love musicals tho)

Festival of the Lion King is very good but didn't make as much of an impression on me as Nemo did.

Haven't seen the birds, but Bug is hands down one of my least favorite things at Disney. I...I don't really want to have the sensation of being surrounded by oodles of giant bugs accurately simulated for me.

Totally recommend Nemo! Crush is awesome. (Yes the musical, not the Crush Talk show, although he is awesome there too. LOL)

Bugs life isn't really a "show." It's less than ten minutes and runs over and over, unlike Lion King and Nemo. Are you sure you can't fit it in? It really takes about as much time as a ride does. It's like Honey I Shrunk the Kids or Muppets time frame.

Last edited:
I really like them all!
My preference in order is:
Nemo (like seeing a little bit of a Broadway musical)
Lion King (fun, interactive, like a little Lion King pep rally- the performers are great in this show)
Bug's life- kind of like Muppet Vision/ Philharmagic but with bugs. It's cute and funny.
Up bird show- not my favorite, will see if I have time, but not entirely a can't miss for us.

I don't see Bugs Life as a show really. It's very short and you can catch it any time. It is entertaining and I would do it.
Nemo would be my choice of the options.

Nemo is really good, but be prepared for the amount of time required. You'll need to get there about 20 minutes or more early and then the show itself is 40 minutes. If you are there during a really busy time I would recommend getting there no later than 30 minutes prior.

I agree with everyone else, Lion King is #1. I really love and am very involved with theater at home, so I love seeing Nemo even though I think we see it almost every time! But it is a bit of a time commitment. People who think AK is a half day park obviously don't use a whole hour to see Nemo! The puppets are really cool to watch, there's people in harnesses, catchy music! I was sad that when we were there in January, Mr. Ray's puppet wasn't working. Him and Crush are very impressive; some of my favorites.

But if you don't like puppets and can't squeeze it in, I guess Bug is next. We didn't get to see Up! this time, but we've enjoyed Flights of Wonder in the past. After reading this thread, I guess we didn't miss much by not seeing it! (Though I would've liked to hear about Diwali.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter