AK then MK, or AK then Epcot?

Irishlisa

DIS Veteran
I need advice on one of our days. We are planning to park hop and do AK first, then DH wants to do MK. But we are doing MNSSHP the next day so I would prefer to do AK then Epcot instead of MK two days in a row. Thoughts???? Our kids are 8, 6, 4 and 4.

Personally I would want to do Epcot too. Slower pace and more for adults. Although, there isn't a TON to do in Epcot for little ones. I would probably do MK for the kids - but that's just my opinion. I have a 2.5 year old and that's her favorite place to be, so we spend the most time there.

jillianjigs7 said:
Personally I would want to do Epcot too. Slower pace and more for adults. Although, there isn't a TON to do in Epcot for little ones. I would probably do MK for the kids - but that's just my opinion. I have a 2.5 year old and that's her favorite place to be, so we spend the most time there.

That's what DH says. He thinks the kids would have more fun going to MK twice. Epcot has always been our favorite park to go to as a couple and we've never taken the kids there because we felt like there wasn't enough for them to do. I have to stop thinking like an adult ;)

dsneprincess said:
My kids 12&2 prefer Future World at EPCOT to MK, especially MK 2 days in a row.

That was my feeling too. But my husband doesn't agree :/

We too are doing MNSSHP I rearranged my plan based on it. We are going to AK the day of MNSSHP since they close at 5 and the Halloween Party doesn't start until 7:00pm.

1.day I would do MK in the morning then Epcot at night(illuminations is a great show).

2. Day I would do AK since they close early then go do MNSSHP. That way you will experience day time MK and then night time MK.

It what I would probably do or I might even add Hollywood Studios into the mix.

Well we've figured out an ambitious solution. On Thursday MK has EMH so we'll head there at 8am for the morning, then head back to our villa for lunch and a break. Then we'll go to AK for the afternoon. Our plan is to eat dinner back at the resort and head to Epcot for the evening, taking our 8 and 6 year olds and leaving our 4 year old twins with my sister (her suggestion). I know it sounds good in theory, I just can't wait to see if we actually make it work.

I think you should just play it by ear. That's the best thing about the park hoppers...if 1 park is too busy or nobody's enjoying it, you can move on to the next park. Personally I never get tired of the MK, but my dd & dh LOVE Epcot. I find it boring LOL

UO Duck 91 said:
I think you should just play it by ear. That's the best thing about the park hoppers...if 1 park is too busy or nobody's enjoying it, you can move on to the next park. Personally I never get tired of the MK, but my dd & dh LOVE Epcot. I find it boring LOL

Yeah, you're right. We discussed it at dinner (again, and for the 50th time) and DH would still prefer to skip Epcot. So I guess we'll have to see what happens. We asked our kids what they were looking forward to the most and our 6 year daughter said "the pool at our hotel" and our 8 year old son said "Blizzard Beach". Really???? Lol. Meanwhile I'm on here stressing about how to plan our days, lol :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter