• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AK Touring Strategy

bweagle

DIS Veteran
We've been to WDW numerous times. I am 4 days out from booking my FP's and am completely overwhelmed and lost as to how to attack AK with ROL and Avatar.

We have a breakfast package at Tusker House at 9:45 for the first ROL viewing on our first day, so that's limiting what I can do and when I can schedule things as well.

Do you think we could rope drop one avatar ride, FP the other and still make our 9:45 Tusker House? That seems like we'd be rushed.

I know there will be extended hours and we do have 2 days scheduled for AK, but just wanting to hear how others plan to tour the park with the new additions.

That is a possibility and I think you'd be fine. You could also rope drop ride the Kilimanjaro Safaris or Expedition Everest. You probaby could ride EE multiple times cause everyone at rope drop will be going to Pandora (in my opinion)

We've been to WDW numerous times. I am 4 days out from booking my FP's and am completely overwhelmed and lost as to how to attack AK with ROL and Avatar.

We have a breakfast package at Tusker House at 9:45 for the first ROL viewing on our first day, so that's limiting what I can do and when I can schedule things as well.

Do you think we could rope drop one avatar ride, FP the other and still make our 9:45 Tusker House? That seems like we'd be rushed.

I know there will be extended hours and we do have 2 days scheduled for AK, but just wanting to hear how others plan to tour the park with the new additions.
Are you onsite?

If so, the park opens one hour earlier every morning and EMH every night for Pandora.

If you're not onsite, rope dropping a Pandora ride will be close to impossible before your Tusker breakfast.

Are you onsite?

If so, there's EMH every morning and EMH every night for Pandora.

If you're not onsite, rope dropping a Pandora ride will be close to impossible before your Tusker breakfast.

Do you know how long this will be going on? I didn't know if that was in the announcement too and I missed it... I only thought it was evening EMH so see how well I read! LOL

Do you know how long this will be going on? I didn't know if that was in the announcement too and I missed it... I only thought it was evening EMH so see how well I read! LOL
It's through July 4th.

AK opens at 8:00 each morning and nightly 2 hour EMH.

You probaby could ride EE multiple times cause everyone at rope drop will be going to Pandora (in my opinion)

You can do this without Pandora open! Lol. We rode it like 2-3 times in a row at rope drop on our last trip in November. With Pandora opening, everyone will be flocking over there. Great time to get rides in elsewhere before the park starts to even out IMO. Also a really good time to ride Pandora rides without a long line, at least for the very first ride you do. All depends if you'd rather ride a new ride once, or other rides multiple times without lines.

I did Edit my reply. AK opens at 8:00a each day and morning EMH will be twice per week. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter