Akershus and CRT?

Mrspeaks

DIS Veteran
Working on ADR plans for our September trip. We have free dining. My daughter’s are 6 and 4. We are staying at WL and are going to book Artiait Point. We have eaten at Akershus (breakfast) and CRT (dinner) before. I am trying to decide if we would do both again or only one. I would try to book a PPO breakfast At Akershus to help get on Frozen. My girls love princesses, but is this too much? Lol. We can do meet and greets to catch them too. I didn’t particularly love the food at CRT, but it is a cool experience and it’s all for my girls. If you had to choose, which would you do? I can’t remeber, but I’d have to think some of the princesses overlap.

Of the 2, I would say CRT just because of the experience eating in the castle. They will remember that. However, I do like the breakfast at Akershus

I would choose CRT & it isn't even close. There's nothing like eating in Cinderella's castle. We think Akershus is a nice breakfast that features princesses, but it's not nearly as special as CRT.

I tell everyone if you haven't been to CRT you have to do it once. After that I would just do Akershus being able to do FEA without using a fast pass is a major advantage. A thought have you checked out the YouTube video's of Rapunzel's breakfast at Trattoria? The younger girl still talks about meeting Flynn and that huge stack of pancakes.

If you had to pick one, I would say CRT only because it is in the castle, however the idea of a PPO Akershus to get onto FEA right after is a great option too. Our next trip we are going to be on the deluxe dining plan and have PPO ADRs for both Akershus and CRT. This trip is my DD17's high school graduation trip and she still loves visiting with the princesses and really wanted to do both, thankfully my DD15 is the same way :goodvibes.

Personally I would do both, especially with girls that age. Beats waiting in line at the parks for meet and greets. You can have good food at home, but you cant eat a meal with Cinderella or Belle at home!

If I was forced to choose, it would be CRT breakfast; I dont love the dinner food. Akershus seems a bit louder to me, especially with the children parading around the restaurant. Seriously consider doing both. I wouldnt ever trade these memories for a good steak.

upload_2019-2-17_14-5-22.png

upload_2019-2-17_14-7-9.png

We prefer CRT. We do that one every trip. We added Akershus last time, my girls were 3 & 8. They both hated the food at Akershus. It was fun to walk around the restaurants with the princesses but they both said they preferred CRT. Some of the princesses over lapped. At CRT, we had jasmine, Arial, Snow White, and Aurora (of course Cinderalla meet downstairs before we ate). At Akershus we had Aurora, Arial, Rapunzel, and Snow White.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter