• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Akershus or 1900 PF

Jacq7414

DIS Veteran
I currently have Akershus dinner booked but I’m debating about changing it to 1900 PF.

Currently booked we have: CRT (lunch), BOG (dinner), Bon Voyage Breakfast, storybook dining at Artist Point, Topolino terrace (breakfast), and crystal palace.

We’ve done Akershus twice already (both breakfast) and just trying to see if something else would be better to try

If you have done Akershus before I would do 1900 PF. Plus Akershus and CRT are the same as for meeting the princesses. 1900 PF is different characters. We LOVED the step sisters - they were so funny. Plus our kids enjoyed seeing Cinderella and the Prince dance. We also enjoyed the food there.

On a side note - we loved the Bon Voyage Breakfast - the food was so good and loved the different characters too.

Enjoy your trip!

If you have done Akershus before I would do 1900 PF. Plus Akershus and CRT are the same as for meeting the princesses. 1900 PF is different characters. We LOVED the step sisters - they were so funny. Plus our kids enjoyed seeing Cinderella and the Prince dance. We also enjoyed the food there.

On a side note - we loved the Bon Voyage Breakfast - the food was so good and loved the different characters too.

Enjoy your trip!
Thanks! I’m most excited about doing the Bon Voyage. It’s our first time doing that. I though CRT and Akershus were the same characters, but my daughter loves the photo with Belle so that’s really the only reason why I haven’t switch it yet

Thanks! I’m most excited about doing the Bon Voyage. It’s our first time doing that. I though CRT and Akershus were the same characters, but my daughter loves the photo with Belle so that’s really the only reason why I haven’t switch it yet

I understand about your daughter loving Belle - our kids loved that picture with her also. So the princesses are not exactly the same at CRT and Akershus - Belle is not at CRT - so if she loves Belle I would stick with Akershus. As for us we would pick Akershus over CRT (if you have done CRT before). We went to CRT years ago and didn't enjoy the food at all - we were rushed through the meal and had barely anytime with the princesses. It was a one and done for us. I couldn't justify the money for food that was bad. I know it has been renovated and maybe the food is better but it is not worth trying again for us.

I think you will enjoy the food at Bon Voyage breakfast the best. Enjoy!

I love 1900 PF, though have only been for breakfast. I like the concept and decor of Akershus, but not the food. I would pick 1900, especially since you already have CRT. Maybe your daughter will like the photo with Prince Charming too :)

I love 1900 PF, though have only been for breakfast. I like the concept and decor of Akershus, but not the food. I would pick 1900, especially since you already have CRT. Maybe your daughter will like the photo with Prince Charming too :)
True. Maybe I’ll ask her. We had PPO Akershus but then I moved that because I booked EMM. The food wasn’t great? That’s what I’m most worried about. Breakfast was ok but I’m kind of over that breakfast

I would do 1900 for dinner and make sure to do Enchanted Tales with Belle. Your daughter will get to see Belle in her ball gown and take a picture with her at the end. I think there's too much overlap between CRT and Akershus personally. 1900 will still be a princess meal, but something different.

I would do 1900 for dinner and make sure to do Enchanted Tales with Belle. Your daughter will get to see Belle in her ball gown and take a picture with her at the end. I think there's too much overlap between CRT and Akershus personally. 1900 will still be a princess meal, but something different.

⬆ this!

We enjoyed 1900 PF much more than Akershus. Some of our most memorable character interactions were at 1900 PF dinner with the step sisters and Lady Tremaine- so funny!

Thanks everyone. I decided to switch it to 1900 PF since we’ve never been there before
Think that is the right call. Those are my two all-time favorite character meals, so you can't go wrong with either, but at least this way you'll get to try something new!

Think that is the right call. Those are my two all-time favorite character meals, so you can't go wrong with either, but at least this way you'll get to try something new!
Very true. And it didn’t make sense to do both CRT and Akershus. I asked my daughter and she said she wanted to go to the castle again - and we are really just doing it for her which is why I kept that one

1900 PF was the most disgusting meal I’ve ever had in my entire life last Fall. First time and last time there. There was food from the previous diners smeared all over the table and floor. It was sticking to our shoes before we realized it. Just pure, unadulterated, nasty. It made me wonder how careless and gross they must be with the cleanliness of their food bar.

And I’m not talking crumbs. I’m talking smears of mac n cheese and other sticky foods. Corn all over the floor under the table. Makes me sick to think about it.

Characters were great.

1900 PF was the most disgusting meal I’ve ever had in my entire life last Fall. First time and last time there. There was food from the previous diners smeared all over the table and floor. It was sticking to our shoes before we realized it. Just pure, unadulterated, nasty. It made me wonder how careless and gross they must be with the cleanliness of their food bar.

And I’m not talking crumbs. I’m talking smears of mac n cheese and other sticky foods. Corn all over the floor under the table. Makes me sick to think about it.

Characters were great.
Oh wonderful. Now I want to throw up 🤢. Maybe I’ll just skip both and book a Sana’a for us to enjoy 😂

1900 Park Fare - we just did it last night, it was hilarious and the food was so so good. i would do it again in a heartbeat.

Akershus, on the other hand, one of the worst meals we’ve had on property.

1900 Park Fare - we just did it last night, it was hilarious and the food was so so good. i would do it again in a heartbeat.

Akershus, on the other hand, one of the worst meals we’ve had on property.
Thanks. After our last meal at Akershus I was kind of meh on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter