Akershus query

Jekyllcat

Earning My Ears
We've never done Akershus and while trying to decide if we will make an ADR I've become totally confused by the info on other websites.

Is Akershus a buffet (like Hollywood & Vine) or an All You Care To Eat (like Garden Grill)? Or is it one format for breakfast and another for lunch and dinner?

It is buffet at breakfast and at lunch and dinner is an order off the menu meal with a salad bar buffet and a dessert plate for the table.

Just to clarify breakfast has a buffet of "cold" items, think pastries, smoked salmon, fruit, etc. They also serve eggs, potatoes. sausage, and bacon family style on a single plate to the table, but you can order more.

The family style items they bring for breakfast were not impressive at all. This was our least favorite meal and I did not find it to be worth the cost. They really rushed us at the end and we were not aware you could order more - they did not suggest it at all.

Just to clarify breakfast has a buffet of "cold" items, think pastries, smoked salmon, fruit, etc. They also serve eggs, potatoes. sausage, and bacon family style on a single plate to the table, but you can order more.

Hmmm. I think this is where I started to get confused as to whether it was a true buffet or an AYCE situation.

The family style items they bring for breakfast were not impressive at all. This was our least favorite meal and I did not find it to be worth the cost. They really rushed us at the end and we were not aware you could order more - they did not suggest it at all.

Thanks for this review! We found Garden Grill to be the same - no more was offered and it was really rushed.

I suppose, when one gets right down to it, the Princess brekkie was really for me but the trip should *theoretically* be for my four-year-old son. Who probably won't mind if his meal doesn't include any royals ;)

We ate a late dinner there on our last trip in 2006. It was wonderful with princess interaction, our daughter was 12 at the time BUT the whole dinner was HORRIBLE :( This REALLY upset my mom as we had not had ANY bad food at Disney up to that point. I don't think we are going to eat there on our Dec. trip although I would love to get pics of the princess's and my mom and mom in law. :)

I keep hearing bad reviews about this place! I really wanted to do a Princess character meal since DD is very into the princesses right now. We were looking at breakfast here, but I may change my mind :-/

I did the breakfast there in December and enjoyed it. Will be going for dinner in November with the family. The breakfast family style items were fine but not outstanding. I enjoyed trying some cheeses and various fish from the buffet. Character interaction was good.

I keep hearing bad reviews about this place! I really wanted to do a Princess character meal since DD is very into the princesses right now. We were looking at breakfast here, but I may change my mind :-/

My family has done the Akershus breakfast on our last three trips. The family platter is not outstanding, but acceptable Disney breakfast food. I really enjoyed the cold item buffet and this is the bigger draw food-wise for my family. If you want a princess character meal, I actually would recommend it over CRT. Overall for the price I think it is a better experience. I think some of the negative reviews for Akershus are for lunch and dinner.

Are there Mickey waffles? Let's be real, that's really the best part of breakfast!

The food is not American, it is Nordic, and certainly not to everyone's taste. Even the salad bar includes a lot of of items that most Americans wouldn't touch. But if you are an adventurous eater, the food is very good... and the princess interaction can't be beat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter