• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKL 2 Bedroom Value with Roll In shower?

pixie08

DIS Veteran
Hello All,

I am wondering if any of the experts know if any of the AKL Value rooms have roll in showers? I looked for next Sept but only a tub with grab bars is available (he needs the roll in). I was thinking it could be that there is one room but it may be booked and since I am looking to book for first week of October 2016 I cannot see that far.

We have stayed in all categories including value so I know the benefits/ drawbacks etc but I am looking to take my mom and brother who is in a power wheelchair with us next year so for the points I can either book this, book two studios or pay out of pocket for some extra points and stay in a 2 bedroom standard. I am trying not to spend any extra $ so trying for the value is the logical choice right now.

Thanks for any help.

With the booking tool it's now possible to see what is an option even if it's not available. From my experience if you do a search for a HA room in the category you would like to book it will show you all the options. I would have to say that the Value category only has the Tub option and there are no Value rooms with a roll in shower.

You can only see 11 month in advance from what I can see with the new tool? Maybe the issue is there is no roll in shower option lol. Thanks!

You can only see 11 month in advance from what I can see with the new tool? Maybe the issue is there is no roll in shower option lol. Thanks!
Only? 11 month availability is all that exists.

With the actual booking tool it will show all the HA options which is what I was referring to and it shows you HA room types even if there is no availability. If you went to try a booking - say February of next year - and selected HA it would first limit you to room types that have HA options. Then, when you select the value it would have drop downs if there were both a tub and a roll-in shower. If you search for HA savannah view rooms you can see what the drop down would look like. So that's why I'm of the belief there isn't a roll-in shower in the value rooms.

OH - and yes, only 11 months. It's not that I was looking at those dates. I was looking to see if the room type exists - which it doesn't appear to.

As far as I'm aware, there are no Value rooms with a roll-in shower. I think these are the only rooms in Jambo House with a roll-in shower:

5456: Studio, Standard View, Zebra Trail, faces the pool
5319: 1BR, Savanna View, Kudu Trail, faces Arusha
5483: Grand Villa, Savanna View, Zebra Trail, faces Uzima (Roll-in shower in master bathroom)
6202: 1BR, Club Level

So if you wanted a 2BR, you would have to look up the Studio and 1BRs listed above on this map: http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5.php and see if they form part of a 2BR lockoff. There will almost certainly be rooms with a roll-in shower in Kidani as well but I don't have a list of those rooms. Kidani has Standard View and Savanna View rooms but no Value rooms or Club Level rooms.

OH - and yes, only 11 months. It's not that I was looking at those dates. I was looking to see if the room type exists - which it doesn't appear to.

yes that makes sense. I see what you are saying. I didn't realize it showed the category even if not available. thank you!

I know there is a One bedroom with a roll in shower. I can't remember if there was a door to a lock off or not. I think there are some dedicated one bedrooms? The trip we had one was a few years ago. The room was the 1st room, pool view nearest the elevators. I don't remember the room number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter