AKL and Coronado Chronos club with Deluxe dining plan.

Lbart24

Earning My Ears
Travelers: myself recently turned 50 😬Disney nut and long time DVC owner.
One half of my nearly 19 year old twin sons. Who are off to a college in 10 days.

We had a long wonderful trip in November and this trip was not in the card, However due to annual passes and a canceled flight in November that we received free future airfare for, Andddd combined with a few DVC points to burn we were off!

This particular twin is not a thrill seeker and is very happy to restaurant hop and chill out. You are more likely to find him reading Faust in a club lounge then on a ride. This is fine by Me as we were traveling sans siblings so I let him pace us.
He also picked all the dining choices with the exception of one I snagged last minute.

The first three days were AKL Jambo Savannah View this property never fails us and is our most loved home resort.

Arrived at 5pm Got settled in and took off to Epcot, where we did Soarin and Spaceship earth with fast passes.
Dinner was Tutto Italia a first for us and honestly a one and done. Because we were on the deluxe plan we had dinner, appetizers and desserts.
I will say my son is a vegetarian so his choices are somewhat repetitive.
Appetizers of a salad, and a Caprese’ salad were both great. His entree of spaghetti promodoro was fine. My entree of chicken parm However was not to my liking. I have never been served chicken parm on the bone. I did not care for it...
My son had a gelato sampler which he loved and I had fresh fruit by request.
We then shopped a little in Germany and Japan.
Had a shaved ice in Japan it’s a must have for me every trip. No rides just wandering around.
Watched Illuminations as we wandered. Although it was Extra magic hours we did not take advantage of that. Crowds at 10 were not low it was actually quite crowded.

The bus line at 10:30 was two buses deep so we grabbed a Minnie Van. While the concept is good.
Lyft itself was 15.23
Minnie Van was 36.00

So that ends the first day! More to come.

Interested to hear your thoughts on the Chronos Club! I'm hoping to add it to my stay this weekend!

Interested to hear your thoughts on the Chronos Club! I'm hoping to add it to my stay this weekend!
The Chronos Club was beautiful one of the prettiest I have seen. The views are outstanding.
Staff was wonderful in particular Jordyn and Arryn.
The attention to detail is second to none... Food was plentiful and replenished often. That said
Sadly I am not able to stay here again. I am
Highly allergic to fish and shellfish and both nights calamari was served. This is One of my worst allergens. I had a reaction both evenings in the lounge.
Other than that which was a personal issue for me. I’d have loved to come back again and again.

Day two... We slept in till about noon. And then headed to Epcot again. We did not use any fast passes rather we wandered around the World showcase. Having lunch at Via Napoli.
Via Napoli is a must do for my kids and myself with every trip. Weirdly they no longer allow soup or salad as your appetizer. That was a disappointment to me. I got the melon and prosciutto appetizer minus the prosciutto. My son had the Caprese’.
We both had pizza excellent as always. Unfortunately I left my backpack here and it was not turned in. 😔

We wandered around the countries and Did the American experience and France. Then watched Illuminations from the Bridge by France.
After that we went out the back gateway to Trattoria Del Forno. Where we had a side of fries (my son) And a salad as our appetizers. Chicken parm for me and pizza for him. We did gelato and zeppolois for dessert.
I will say this Chef was more than accommodating as his allergy fryer was down. He couldn’t fry the chicken in the same oil as the calamari. So he used an internal hallway to use the fryer at the ESPN club. I insisted he not do this. And he insisted that he did. He won. It was and is most appreciated. We took a lyft back to AKL
And hit the beds!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter