AKL Concierge Views

E

erikthewise

We are going to stay at AKL and I had considered getting a concierge room but (so far!) have decided against it.

One reason: Concierge stay does not guarantee savannah view. It just galls me to think I might pay $100 or more extra per night and end up with pool view, while most of the other guests get guaranteed savannah view.

So does anyone know roughly what percentage of concierge rooms are not savannah view? 50%? 25%? 10%?

Only the 6 rooms on the 6th floor, that overlook the pool, aren't savannah view. I was also concerned about this for our stay last December. I booked deluxe savannah view and then upgraded to concierge upon check-in. Since I didn't need any assistance with PS beforehand, missing this part of the concierge service wasn't a problem. However, SS was SO booked, we couldn't even get on the wait list. We booked concierge this year (requesting 5th floor) so we'll be able to try for the SS ahead of arrival.

erikthewise- I think you'd have a great chance of getting a savannah view room in conicerge since most concierge rooms face the savannah!

Mary Ellen- I'm not sure when you're going to the AKL, but if SS stands for Sunrise Safari, I'd suggest TRYING to book the SS more than 90 days out. My AKL Concierge trip is in November, and I called about 110 days out. I spoke to Alana, and she was able to book me for the SS 110 days out! She gave me confirmation number over the phone and e-mailed me an itineary with the confirmation number on it. Although it's not guaranteed that you'll be able to book it more than 90 days ahead of time, you might have a chance. Good luck!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter