AKL Jambo House DVC Housekeeping

ALK$Disney

Mouseketeer
Hi DIS,

First time we are using DVC rental points to stay at AKL Jambo house. What is the housekeeping schedule for the DVC villas? Also, I heard, but never confirmed, that you have to pay for requesting extra towels, pillows, blankets, bath supplies, and/or other things in the DVC villas. I find that very hard to believe, but thought I would just confirm.

Appreciate the help.

Why would that be hard to believe?

Your schedule is based on how many days you will be there.

If you need/want replacement towels or extra toiletries, yes, you pay for them.

How many nights are you staying?

Hi
Good question

Trash and Towel Services
For stays of seven or fewer nights, Trash and Towel Service is provided on day four. With this service, Housekeeping will

• Empty the trash and put new liners in the wastebaskets
  • Provide fresh bathroom towels
  • Replace shampoo, facial soap and bath soap
  • Replenish facial tissues, paper towels, and toilet paper
  • Replenish coffee, sugar, and cream
  • Replenish dishwashing liquid, dishwasher detergent, sponges, and laundry detergent as applicable
Full Cleaning Service
For stays of eight or more nights, Full Cleaning Service is provided on day four and Trash and Towel Service is provided on day eight. After that, the cycle begins again on day 12. With Full Cleaning Service, Housekeeping will provide everything included with the Trash and Towel Service, plus

• Change the bed linens
  • Vacuum and dust
  • Clean the bathroom(s)
  • Clean the kitchen and wash the dishes
"Pay As You Play" Option
At the beginning of your stay, you'll be provided with the following amenities free of charge. After that, you may purchase more. Rates vary.

• Toiletries starter pack
  • Coffee starter pack
  • Towel pack
  • Laundry detergent starter box (in One-, Two-, and Three-Bedroom Vacation Homes only)
*Towels are provided at the resort pools

Last edited:
And remember, unlike anything else at Disney, you count your arrival day as day one.

Our next trip starts on Wednesday. On Saturday, we will have a full cleaning. The next Wednesday, we will have a Towel and Trash day. That's it. Nothing else for the next couple of days.

To explain why you pay for extra services at DVC resorts (on points stays):

DVC is a timeshare. Meaning, ownership of each resort is shared among the members who have purchased an interest in that particular resort. The owners also share all of the operating costs of the resort: landscaping, housekeeping, laundry costs, property taxes, upkeep of the pools, etc. That's what the members' annual maintenance fees are paying for.

Providing full daily housekeeping services, unlimited towels, laundry detergent and toiletries would dramatically increase the maintenance fees. And since it's meant to be a home-away-from-home experience, a lot of members don't even want daily housekeeping. So, to be fair to all, DVC has a pay-as-you-go housekeeping system. Everybody gets a baseline level of housekeeping services and a basic supply of towels and consumables. Those members who want additional services pay for them out of pocket.

Hi DIS,

First time we are using DVC rental points to stay at AKL Jambo house. What is the housekeeping schedule for the DVC villas? Also, I heard, but never confirmed, that you have to pay for requesting extra towels, pillows, blankets, bath supplies, and/or other things in the DVC villas. I find that very hard to believe, but thought I would just confirm.

Appreciate the help.

Why is it hard to believe????
I am sorry you did not do your research before you committed to the DVC Rental.
As stated, DVC is not a hotel it is a timeshare.
On a 7 night or less stay you will receive Trash & Towel service on day 4. They will empty your trash, replace your towels and replenish toiletries. Other than that there is nothing. If you need more you can purchase them. If you are there 8 or more nights you will have a full cleaning on day 4 and a Trash & Towel on day 8.

Thanks for everyone that replied. Just wanted to be clear of the policy.

Why is it hard to believe????
I am sorry you did not do your research before you committed to the DVC Rental.
As stated, DVC is not a hotel it is a timeshare.
On a 7 night or less stay you will receive Trash & Towel service on day 4. They will empty your trash, replace your towels and replenish toiletries. Other than that there is nothing. If you need more you can purchase them. If you are there 8 or more nights you will have a full cleaning on day 4 and a Trash & Towel on day 8.

LOL...I didn't base my reservation commitment on research regarding housekeeping. I just wanted clarification on the policy, and I appreciate the answer. :)

Thanks for everyone that replied. Just wanted to be clear of the policy.

LOL...I didn't base my reservation commitment on research regarding housekeeping. I just wanted clarification on the policy, and I appreciate the answer. :)
It is just that you seem shocked to find out that you wouldn't be receiving daily housekeeping. And if not shocked, you found it "very hard to believe" that you wouldn't receive it and would have to pay for addition items delivered to your room.

Here is the most recent schedule for cleaning and the costs required if you want extra services:
Laundry and Housekeeping Services
Disney Vacation Club Resorts offer laundry and housekeeping services. Read More About Laundry and Housekeeping Services

Disney Vacation Club Resorts offer laundry and housekeeping services. Daily housekeeping service is not provided for Members.

A 24-hour self-service laundry room is available at each Disney Vacation Club Resort. There are also dry-cleaning and valet laundry services. Villas with one or more bedrooms feature an in-unit washer and dryer.

Trash & Towel Service
For stays of 7 nights or fewer, Trash & Towel Service is provided on day 4, regardless of whether you're staying on a Member-discounted cash reservation, Vacation Points reservation, or a combination of both.

With Trash & Towel Service, Housekeeping will:
  • Empty trash and replace liners in trash bins
  • Provide fresh bathroom linens
  • Replace bath amenities as needed
  • Replenish facial tissues, paper towels and toilet paper
  • Replenish coffee, sugar, cream and sweeteners
Full-Cleaning Service
For stays of 8 or more nights, Full-Cleaning Service is provided on day 4 and Trash & Towel Service is provided on day 8, regardless of whether you're staying on a Member-discounted cash reservation, Vacation Points reservation, or a combination of both. This cycle repeats for stays longer than 8 days.

With Full-Cleaning Service, Housekeeping will provide everything included with the Trash & Towel Service, plus:
  • Change the bed linens
  • Vacuum and dust the vacation villa
  • Clean the bathroom(s)
  • Clean the kitchen/kitchenette and wash the dishes
Rental Guests (non-Members or Disney Vacation Club Members not booking through Membership) receive Full-Cleaning Services every day.

For all of the above, additional Housekeeping Services may be purchased.

Additional Housekeeping Service Daily Rates:
  • Deluxe Studio: $30 per day requested
  • 1-Bedroom Villa: $45 per day requested
  • 2-Bedroom Villa: $60 per day requested
  • 3-Bedroom Grand Villa: $75 per day requested
Additional Trash & Towel Service Rates:
  • Deluxe Studio: $15 per day requested
  • 1-Bedroom Villa: $20 per day requested
  • 2-Bedroom Villa: $25 per day requested
  • 3-Bedroom Grand Villa: $35 per day requested
Note: Trash and recycling disposal areas are located on the premises for your use in between Full-Cleaning Services.

Pay As You Play
With Pay As You Play service, you'll be provided with the following amenities at no extra charge at the start of your stay and during each Housekeeping service. After that, you may purchase more amenities for the following fees (fees are subject to change):

• Toiletries Package: $5 - includes 1 facial soap, 1 bath soap, 1 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 shower gel
  • Coffee Package: $3 - includes 1 package of coffee, 8 sugars, 8 creamers, 8 artificial sweeteners
  • Towel Package: $6 - includes 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat
  • Laundry Detergent (only in 1-, 2- and 3-Bedroom Villas): $1 - includes 1 box for 1 load of laundry
NOTE: Rates are subject to change without notice.
You'll have one bath towel per each sleeping space in the villa. So, if it sleeps five, you get five bath towels. If it sleeps four, you'll get four bath towels. If you need more, buy an extra towel pack. You'll need to replace it on the next service day if you get it before day four. DVC asks guests and members not to take pool towels to the room to use in the room because they cost more to launder. That raises the costs for members annually.

FYI linens, blankets and pillows should be in the closet for the hidabed (sometimes the linens are already on the bed.) Occassionally they are missing if so, just call housekeeping for them, you won’t be charged

Unless something has changed very recently Jambo house has body wash, shampoo and conditioner in pumps with full size bottles you should not run out.... Towels need to be reused but there are plenty especially for 2.... All hotels that I have been to have moved to if towels are hanging they will not be replaced to save water and energy better for the planet(or whatever you want to add)... As others have said there are plenty of pillows on the beds and extra in the closet. Trash you can easily take it out when leaving the room if needed there are extra bags. As far as coffee bring your own standard 10 cup basket filters work... we have never had an issue with needing anything else. It is a timeshare which is considered a vacation home and treated as such although there is some cleaning service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter