• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKL - Jambo or Kidani?

raph_b

<font color="red">Proud Redhead</font>
hi all

We're going to be booking our first DVC stay in a savannah view studio at AKL.

Any recommendations on either Jambo or Kidani?

It's a matter of personal choice. Kidani is first bus stop. Pool and facility are a little more quiet. Jambo has QS restaurant, while Kidani has none. Both have good TS restaurants.

Only advice is ask for a lower room. From the rooms on the upper floors you can see over the building on the opposite side of the savannah. Over the top you will see signs for stores. Not a big deal to some people, but for me it would hurt the overall experience a little.

If studio, choose Jambo, and request Arusha savanna view, along Zebra Trail (good view, puts you near the pool, and faces west, thus avoiding sun pouring in through the windows in the morning).

If 1BR or 2BR, choose Kidani, and request Sunset savanna view (largest savanna which has giraffes) and either close to the Timon elevator if you want to be near the bus station, or close to the Rafiki elevator if you want to be near the pool.

For neither should you request close to lobby. At Jambo, those rooms do not have the best views; at Kidani, there is a high risk that the request will not be met and you will instead end up somewhere in the next county as far from the lobby as you can possibly get with a forever walk to lobby and bus station.

Last edited:
I prefer studios at Jambo because the Mara is a very good counter service option there. I also prefer the two sinks that are in the dressing area. Kidani is my preference for 1-2 bedrooms because of the bathrooms. Jambo 1-2 bedrooms do not have a stand alone shower.

If you pick Kidani I suggest you request a room near the lobby. Those hallways are very very very long. The community room is located in Kidani.

The buses are not always combined anymore especially in the mornings. They even have separate bus corrals at Disney Springs and MK.

All the rooms at Jambo House are on the 5th floor with the exception of Concierge rooms on the 6th floor. The other floors are Disney Hotel rooms. Here is a map that shows the location of the studio, 1BR and 2BR and GVs.
http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5-large.html

Jambo House is like staying at a Disney cash hotel. The crowds are large, the lobby huge, there 2 restaurants, Boma (buffet) and Jiko (signature) and a quick service. It gets pretty noisy in the lobby and restaurants in the evenings. The pool at Jambo House is one of the largest at WDW with the exception of SAB.

Kidani Village is strictly DVC villas, so your villa can be located on floors 2 through 5. We often request a lower floor to see the animals better. The lobby is smaller yet still heavily themed. It is a very friendly place and much quieter. There is community hall at Kidani. It has one table service restaurant, Sanaa which we love, that does offer QS breakfast. The Pool also offers quick service food. The pool is very kids friendly plus there is a large water play area that is loved by kids.

If you pick Kidani I suggest you request a room near the lobby. Those hallways are very very very long. The community room is located in Kidani.

That's my huge fear. Last time I stayed at Kidani I requested near the bus stop and got one of the very last rooms, on the other side from the bus stop. Took forever to get there! Our grandchildren have their heart set on seeing the giraffes and zebras, but I'm panicking about those long hallways.

We stayed for 1 night about a month ago, my request for a room near the lobby was fulfilled and it was GREAT. A completely different AKV-Kidani experience than when we were 1/4 mile away.

I suggest you go to the counter to check-in to find out exactly where your room is and ask them to change it if needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter