AKL Kidani Room Requests

DVCRSheridan

Disney Ohana
We’re staying 1 night in a Savannah View Studio @ Kidani next month. We’ve never stayed here before, are there any room requests that you recommend? The kiddos are excited to hopefully see some animals!

Thanks!

I would look into which savannah's have which animals, and request a room overlooking the animals you care about. It looks like 1 giant savannah but there’s actually several, and the animals are all different between the different ones.

I would definitely recommend you request the Sunset Savannah for animal viewing. We've found the lower floors to be more interesting - closer to the animals. If you plan to enjoy most of your time at Kidani (pool, Sanaa, etc), request a room close to the lobby. If you plan to enjoy time at Jambo House (another pool, some amazing restaurants, huge unique gift shop), request a room closer to Jambo - either the Zazu or Timone sections. If you have a car, you can park under cover near the elevator for your 'section' - very simple. For us, a Sunset Savannah room in Zazu is perfect - great animal viewing, simple walk to Jambo (we think the restaurants at Jambo - Boma, Jiko, The Mara) are the best resort dining options on property, and not that far from the buses to the parks. Enjoy your stay, but beware. Once you've stayed at Kidani, you just might want to return for a longer stay later!!

More than 80% of the Kidani savanna rooms overlook the very large Sunset Savanna, which includes giraffes and zebras. The only other savanna at Kidani is the much smaller Pembe savanna which does not have giraffes and zebras. As a result with a Kidani savanna view room, I always make my first request one for a room overlooking Sunset savanna, a request that has a very high chance of being granted.

Then, I always add a second location request, and it is not close to the lobby. If you actually get close to the lobby, that would be good. The issue can be actually getting that request granted. The Kidani building is about 2/3 mile long, and thus rooms can be extremely far from the lobby, bus station, or pool. Those who have previously suffered those long walks have made "close to lobby" the most popular request made and, over the years, because of too many requesting close to lobby, many have reported not getting it granted. Moreover, if the resort cannot grant such a location request, it does not attempt to give you something close to it, but instead puts you in any availalble room, which is often one far from the lobby.

I use two different second location requests, in addition to Sunset savanna view, depending on time of year, and either, if granted. provides a good view of the savanna. During reservation times when the weather may be too cool for the pool (e.g., in January), I request close to the the Timon elevator, on the south wing of Kidani (front entrance to the lobby faces west), which is not very far from the lobby and provides a quick trip, via that elevator, to the second floor and a door that goes directly to the bus station. During times when it is always warm enough to use the pool, I request close to the Rafiki elevator on the north wing (where the pool is, and applicable rooms are also not very far from the lobby) because down that elevator to the ground/parking lot floor gives you the shortest possible trip from the Kidani building to a pool gate.

Note, that any request you want to make should be made through Member Services (via phone, chat, or email), and you should do that now with only a month to go. The online check-in section has a page for making location requests, but there are very few and one of them is entirely pointless. One of the requests you can make is "close to an elevator," but you do not get to provide the name of the elevator. Kidani has three sets of elevators along each of the two wings, with the result that a close to elevator request, when not naming the elevator, can be met by placing you in any room in the building.

Last edited:
Sunset savanna near Rafiki is where we always stay. Standard near Rafiki also gives you a shot at a partial (or full) Pembe savanna view. It's closest to the pool and the smoking pit (if you smoke)

2 nights in a Savanah 1 bedroom or 3 nights in a standard?
There are some standard view rooms at Kidani that have direct savanna views. To possibly get one, you should put in a request for a room near the Pumbaa elevator; see this map http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/Kindani_Village_Map.jpg that elevator is between the sixth and seventh building units from the lobby on the north wing (left side of map), and all the rooms on the Pembe savanna side of those two units have direct savanna view. Just phrase the request as "near the Pumbaa elevator," because if you specifically ask for a standard view room having savanna view, you will likely be told you need to reserve a savanna view room (many at MS apparently do not know you can get a savanna view with a standard view room). Be aware, however, that actually getting that request granted means you will have very long walks to the lobby and bus station.

Also note that at Jambo, if you reserve there, more than half the standard view rooms have savanna view. Best request to get one of those rooms there is to request a room on the Kudo Trail side of the building (left wing on the map below) because all standard view rooms on that wing have Sunset savanna view.

Last edited:
Ask for a room close to the lobby if you want to avoid the marathon walk otherwise.
Unfortunately, that's a request I've made several times, but never gotten. This last time, I gave up on that request, and decided to ask for "close to Jambo". That I got! I was past the Zazu elevator (last pod)- I think I was closer to Jambo's lobby than I was to Kidani's lobby, so I could easily get to Mara. This time, though, I'll ask for "near Timon elevator"-it's near the bus stop and not far from the lobby and not too far from Jambo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter