AKL or YC for 1 night?

lorimt

Mouseketeer
We decided to fly in a day early to save on flights. Staying at Kidani but there are no rooms available the first night. Our first park day will be Epcot so does it make more sense to get a room at Jambo for maybe an easier luggage transfer or Yacht Club to be closer to Epcot the first night?

I'd definitely do Jambo for easier bag transfer. Our last split stay the bags took a long time to get to us. You could easily just walk the bags yourself from Jambo to Kidani and leave with bell services.

Obviously pros and cons to each.
But the ease of getting to IG is such a big pro that it would override any other pro to us.
I say go with YC.

We decided to fly in a day early to save on flights. Staying at Kidani but there are no rooms available the first night. Our first park day will be Epcot so does it make more sense to get a room at Jambo for maybe an easier luggage transfer or Yacht Club to be closer to Epcot the first night?
If you are trying to save money (and I'm guessing you must have saved a lot on airfare to pay for a deluxe resort for one additional night to make it worth the savings), stay at Pop that first night. Take the Skyliner to Epcot in the morning and then bus over to AKL at the end of your Epcot day.

I agree with POP. Or AoA or CB. Transfer the luggage and take the skyliner.

You could also do a DS or airport hotel, but someone would have to take the bags to Kidani in the morning. You could drop everyone else at Epcot in the Uber.

Swolphin is also an option. They transfer bags to Disney and walk in the back at Epcot.

If you arrive early during the day I can see the benefit of staying at YC and enjoying the hotel/area. I also see the benefit if you wanted to enjoy SB on day 2 while on a break from Epcot by leaving a carry on bag at Bell Service. We did that at the Poly while on break from MK before heading to AKL. Otherwise saving money certainly makes sense.

We did one night at Kidani from Jambo due to flight savings on our last night. Certainly an easy transfer with the shuttle between resorts. We hung out at the resort so the cost was worth it to us (about $100 more than value with rented points).

Thanks for all the replies! We are currently booked at CBR for the first night. That was $100 cheaper than flying in the next day and gives us the full day at Epcot instead of half a day and we can explore the Boardwalk area the night we fly in. I started getting wrapped up in the convenience factor and was tempted to move to YC but its $300 more so we would lose what we are saving in flights. Kidani is even more than YC (5 of us so we need a 1 bedroom) so that was my least favorite due to price and having to move anyway. Sounds like the Skyliner might make it convenient enough to just stay at CBR.

Thanks for all the replies! We are currently booked at CBR for the first night. That was $100 cheaper than flying in the next day and gives us the full day at Epcot instead of half a day and we can explore the Boardwalk area the night we fly in. I started getting wrapped up in the convenience factor and was tempted to move to YC but its $300 more so we would lose what we are saving in flights. Kidani is even more than YC (5 of us so we need a 1 bedroom) so that was my least favorite due to price and having to move anyway. Sounds like the Skyliner might make it convenient enough to just stay at CBR.
Nice savings! Sounds like a good plan, have fun!!

We would always hands down choose YC over AKL. The fact that you're going to Epcot the next day is just icing on the cake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter