AKL Pictures?????

Great action shot! So is that a galloping gnu? :cool2:

That was one crazy Wildebeest, he ran around like a maniac it was quite entertaining.

I know they are not the most attractive animal but I found it odd being a herd species he was alone, I even asked why he was while attending the Africa Trek Safari and the lady seemed clueless as to why there was only one.

I know they are not the most attractive animal

I suppose you're right, but I think they have a lot of personality. ;) But I don't get the guys who whine about getting okapis instead of zebra or giraffe, so what do I know? :upsidedow

but I found it odd being a herd species he was alone,

Poor guy. :sad1: Maybe he was galloping around looking for another wildebeast. :scared1: Although actually I've seen pictures of a single gnu in a herd of Ankole Cattle in other safari parks, so it could be that usually works out pretty well. :confused3 I like to hope so, anyhow. Grazing herd animals of different species will often hang out together in the wild, so why not? :)

2010-2011665.jpg

I suppose you're right, but I think they have a lot of personality. ;) But I don't get the guys who whine about getting okapis instead of zebra or giraffe, so what do I know? :upsidedow

Poor guy. :sad1: Maybe he was galloping around looking for another wildebeast. :scared1: Although actually I've seen pictures of a single gnu in a herd of Ankole Cattle in other safari parks, so it could be that usually works out pretty well. :confused3 I like to hope so, anyhow. Grazing herd animals of different species will often hang out together in the wild, so why not? :)

I wouldn't complain about any animal view there, although I think it would be incredible if they had a predator view. It would be amazing to see a pride of lions just laying around!

Kathy,
Your pic's are amazing. I'm curious what kind of camera you used.

Every time I look at the pic's I see something different, such as noticing this evening the leaping Gazelles (I think they are Gazelles) within the inside balcony / walkway railing! What detail; so Disney!

As for what I think is the gift shop, how does one protect the Giraffe figurines when traveling home? Do they come with a cylindrical shipping / travel case of some sort?

Dan

Kathy,
Your pic's are amazing. I'm curious what kind of camera you used.

Every time I look at the pic's I see something different, such as noticing this evening the leaping Gazelles (I think they are Gazelles) within the inside balcony / walkway railing! What detail; so Disney!

As for what I think is the gift shop, how does one protect the Giraffe figurines when traveling home? Do they come with a cylindrical shipping / travel case of some sort?

Dan

Thank you! I just used a p&s Canon powershot A495 I really liked it for day light pictures but I had a lot of trouble getting the indoor/night pictures

I don't know how they wrap the giraffe figurines. I know when I've bought coffee cups before they really wrapped them good with a lot of paper and tape.

I think this might be my last AKL pic:sad1: I'll keep looking to see if I have more

2010-2011672.jpg

I'm loving these pictures! The more pictures I see of AKL, the more excited I am to stay there. 7 1/2 months to go!

Hi. I'll be in this hotel next August. It's my first time in AK. I have been twice but POP CENTURY.
the photos are spectacular as the site: Thumbsup2
we booked a pool view.
Room what exactly are these?How many pools are there?
I would like to be near the lobby
Thanks!!!!!!: Grouphug:

Hi. I'll be in this hotel next August. It's my first time in AK. I have been twice but POP CENTURY.
the photos are spectacular as the site: Thumbsup2
we booked a pool view.
Room what exactly are these?How many pools are there?
I would like to be near the lobby
Thanks!!!!!!: Grouphug:

Olympia, you are going to be thrilled with AKL! There is only one pool, but it is huge, with a zero entry side and a slide. Also a kiddie pool, and two very nicely secluded hot tubs. The pool view views also make you close to the lobby area. Be sure to have a Zebra Dome - best dessert at WDW. You can get them at Boma (buffet restaurant) or even in the cases at Mara (food court). Have a great trip! jane

Olympia, you are going to be thrilled with AKL! There is only one pool, but it is huge, with a zero entry side and a slide. Also a kiddie pool, and two very nicely secluded hot tubs. The pool view views also make you close to the lobby area. Be sure to have a Zebra Dome - best dessert at WDW. You can get them at Boma (buffet restaurant) or even in the cases at Mara (food court). Have a great trip! jane
thank youy , Jane. I am very excited about this trip. : Woohoo:

I'll be near the lobby. wow!!: Banana:

my pocket will remain empty: Risa:: Risa:

Just finished reading through this whole thread. Love the pictures of AKL.
We are so excited for our first trip to this resort in July!!! Staying in one bedroom villa at Jambo with Savanna View!!!!!!!!! Hope we have time to get to the parks. Not sure we'll be able to leave our room...

Would love to see even more pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter