• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKL standard room view - best and worst

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
AKL standard rooms = Giraffe or Ostrich side of AKL (not the DVC)

What is the best view ?
I have read partial savanna view of some animals

What is the worst view ever had ?

What should we request on our reservation ?

Time we would go is early May 2020
Thank you

You're talking about regular hotel rooms within Jambo house in AKL.

The worst view would be the parking lot, trash area, or roof.

Best would be partial savannah (but those are few and far between).

We stayed last year in Jambo House in AKL with a standard view, our room was on the 4th floor room number 4384 and we had giraffes, zebras, and all types of animal outside everyday. We would get up every morning a watch the animal from the balcony.

4th floor room number 4384 must have been on the Ostrich side of AKL = I guess now called Jambo (hello in Swahili) house

So maybe ask for Ostrich side of Jambo house with a nice view
I like the Giraffe side a bit better - so maybe a view of the front walk way, bus stop, or maybe pool.

So our request will be just a high floor room with a nice view and let the Disney magic decide. ;)

All standard view rooms on Kudu trail are partial Savannah view. However, they are apparently doing room refurbishment on that wing.

We had standard room 3130 and it was awesome! We were close to the lobby and had quite a few animals right outside our balcony different times of the day. There are feeding stations outside that area as well as a watering hole and the animals hung out there quite a bit. I have pictures with a bunch of animals at the same time including a few giraffes, zebras, large deer-like animals, ostriches, fuzzy headed birds and some sort of large ox type animal. There are cards in the rooms that show/tell you what the animals are but I don't remember the names anymore. The third floor was a great height because you were close enough to see the animals but up high enough to see further out. I will definitely request that room again.

EDITED TO ADD: I used the Touring Plans room request system and it worked like a charm!

Last edited:
Our first Disney stay was at AKL we nicely asked at checkin if they had better view close to the lobby (b4 online checkin) we were given a nice savannah view room very close to the lobby. It wasn’t the best but for a standard view room I had absolutely no complaints at all. I have to say we loved deluxe because of the balcony because of AKL but since then we really used it again. So worth it at AKL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter