AKL Std v Deluxe - what's the dif?

dlr25

Earning My Ears
I am considering a stay at AKL and know I want a Savannah view. Can someone please tell me what is the difference between a Standard Savannah view and a Deluxe Savannah view? Thank you.

Deluxe room sleeps 5. Not sure if there is a view difference.

Not all deluxe savannah views sleep 5, ours was a King and the sofa could have slept 1 more for a total of 3.

The deluxe rooms are on the 5th floor and are larger than the rooms on the floors below. The 5th floor also has concierge rooms. I believe the only difference between the '5th floor deluxe' and 5th floor concierge' is that the concierge room key will allow the elevator to go up to the 6th floor (and concierge rooms have bathrobes in them). Our concierge room looked just like the pictures I'd seen of deluxe rooms.

We really liked the view better from the 5th floor as we could see animals all over the savannah. When we went down to the public viewing areas on the 2nd floor we could only see the animals right in front of us.

Some have commented about how dark their AKL rooms seemed. We found our room while not brightly lit, it had nice 'mood' lighting. Now since the deluxe rooms are larger, they hang out over the balconies of the rooms below. This may cut down on the outside lighting in those rooms.

Ditto, what Mary Ellen said. We had a Deluxe/Concierge room with a king bed and a day bed.

I guess the next question is should we spring for the deluxe room? I guess if you want a little more room, light, and to see some animals you should. Thanks for the info.

Hi dlr25! I don't think you would see more animals from a deluxe. I'm not sure, but I think the deluxes are on other floors besides 5 and 6. You would actually be closer to the animals on lower floors. The basic difference is the extra 40ish square feet.

Thanks dandave. I'm not sure that I am going to spend the $ for the extra space. I think it's awesome that you can see the animals from the rooms at all - std or deluxe!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter