• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKL Trans questions

julfre

Mouseketeer
I will be staying at AKL in Nov. How has your experience with the buses been from there to the parks?

Also, I'd like to go see the EWP at the Poly or one of the other hotels. SInce the MK closes early the nights I will be there- what is the best way to get there? I will have a car,but I didn't know if they will let it past the gates at 8:30 at night. Does any bus go there or will they let a car go through if I say it is for watching the EWP?

Originally posted by julfre
I will be staying at AKL in Nov. How has your experience with the buses been from there to the parks?

Also, I'd like to go see the EWP at the Poly or one of the other hotels. SInce the MK closes early the nights I will be there- what is the best way to get there? I will have a car,but I didn't know if they will let it past the gates at 8:30 at night. Does any bus go there or will they let a car go through if I say it is for watching the EWP?

Busses for AK Lodge tend to run fairly smoothly, because it's not exactly a huge demand resort. As as far as folks saying that it's way out there... from the MK to AK Lodge is only 14 minutes with traffic. So it's not that bad.

As far as the EWP... feel free to drive to the Polynesian to watch it. The guards should let you in to view it.

If you don't want to drive, you can take the bus to Epcot... and then the Monorail to the TTC. The TTC is right next to the Polynesian, and there is a walkway right to the beach. To get back, you can take the Monorail to Epcot (up until 10:00pm) and catch the AK Lodge bus. Alternatively, you can use Downtown Disney as a hub... but I never recommend that.

Thanks for the info. I haven't read any bad reports about transportation from AKL so that usually means it is pretty good.

I used it for a week last month and I have nothing but rave reviews! We never waited more than 5 minutes for a bus and there was never more than 15 people on a bus (including opening and closing times). Sometimes we were the only people on the bus. The bus stop is very organized. It's covered and has African music piped into it. Don't worry.

Chip N Dale's advice on visiting the Poly is great.:D If you are nervous about wheter or not they'll let your car in, consider making a PS and having dinner there. It would make for a very nice night. I'm sure you can get in without one though.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter