AKV..Anyone else not hearing back from guide?

kespo

<font color=blue>Is there an advantage to this?<br
Just wondering if anyone else is not hearing back from their guide. I left a message yesterday morning. I tried 4 other times during the day and always got voicemail. Today I called again first thing in the morning and left another message. There was a recording asking to be patient. I understand they are being swamped with calls. That is why we left a message last week while in disney to try and set something up while we were there. Maybe a wait list or something. When we got back there was a message on our home phone saying to call on Feb.1. I see everyone else is getting points and I'm jealous;)

I had all my information in on Tuesday so that they could foward it to my guide who is working the cruise ship. So far I have talked to numerous people and no one at this point can firm that my information made it in. So far I do not have any points. I know that they had very bad weather today so maybe that is holding up things. It was very hard to wait........

I left a message last night with DVC. I'm torn between calling and leaving a message on my guide's voicemail, or considering no return call a sign and saving close to 15 grand :confused3

I finally heard from my guide at around 12:45 today. Told him we are looking at 105 points and that we are looking to close in late February. From the sound of things he's swamped, and I can only imagine the other guides are too.

I talked to a manager this afternoon and she said that they are way behind on paperwork.

I hadn't heard back from mine. Called the main sales number and explained the situation. and was told he doesn't work Thursday, Friday, Saturday. They then gave me the option of talikng to another guide.

Which I di, She was very helpful and I just completed the sale of 105. AKV points.:banana:

My guide is on the Magic as well - I talked to another guide though and got the ball rolling.

One question - my math is not following - why 105?

For my typical travel dates 5 nights Sunday through Thursday in a 1 bedroom. Club level in August is 155 points. Combined with points from my other contract. and deducting points I will utilize at the boardwalk. I needed 105.

Now if I can not get club level. and have extra points, thats a bonus I will have more to play with.

I am way over thinking this...:rotfl2:

That voicemail paid off. We just bought 150 AKV points. I went with three 50 point contracts so I can leave one to each child. My guide mentioned that that isn't many points per child. I told her they'll each get 50 more when the Contemporary opens.

Hmm if I have another baby, I'll need to buy more points to even it up :lmao:

Had MS leave a message around noon yesterday from work and I recieved a call back from Kim Moore (my guide) by 4pm at home last night. He has never let me down to date. If you have trouble with your guide ask to change.

Called our guide this morning (Karen Guyder) and left a voicemail message. Haven't heard back yet, but I imagine if she is working today she is very busy. I'll wait until Monday and if I don't hear from her by then, I'll call the main number. I'm anxious to go ahead and get the paperwork going. But then again, I guess there is no rush, just so we do it before the $101 per point increases. The bad thing is DW and myself have been going back and forth all day long as to how big an add-on we should do. We started at 25 points, then went to 100 points, then cut back to 50 points, then jumped to 75 points and are now thinking about 60 points. We've studied and studied the points charts, figuring all kinds of scenarios as to how we would use all our points. Right now we're thinking at 60 points, we'd bank or borrow every other year and have 120 to use just at AKV every other year. We'd then use our VWL points the other year. Our HHI points are already spoken for as we plan to go there every year.

Question (probably a stupid one) - do the guides work on weekends? I wonder if she will call tommorrow, if she doesn't today.

Heard from my guide today in the afternoon. We want to buy 150 points. I wanted to charge on my disney Visa to get rewards. My guide told me if we put 2500 down on card we will get 0% interest for 6 months. Yeah!!! Then found out I misplaced my card. We have not used it yet. So now I have to wait 2 days for Visa to send a new card...
One thing I thought was weird was when I asked my guide if I could do (3) 50 point contracts he acted a little weird. He said he would check but didn't know if we could have our names on the tapestry if we did it that way. He also asked why I would want to do that. I told him to leave seperate contracts to children. I know I read about others on the DIS that did multiple contracts. I wonder why the hesitation from my guide? Maybe more paper work??

My guide wasn't sure at first if you could break up the points into three contracts. She had to go to a few people to get the answer but in the end it was fine. Maybe it is something that doesn't happen too often.

It's definitely more paperwork, for you at least. All of those Mickeys and palm trees to sign and date for 3 separate contracts and 3 contracts to notarize. So, I guess it would be more paperwork for the guide as well.

But, if that's what you want to do, stick to your guns.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter