AKV buyers and lovers....

lisaviolet

DIS Veteran
Tell me all about why you love it so much? No debate no sarcasm ....just really want to share in the happiness/excitement.

One question, besides your thoughts, are the AKL rooms dark (lack of light I mean)? Just curious about it all. Congratulations to all who have waited for this day and bought. Excited for you.

Lisa

Tell me all about why you love it so much? No debate no sarcasm ....just really want to share in the happiness/excitement.

One question, besides your thoughts, are the AKL rooms dark (lack of light I mean)? Just curious about it all. Congratulations to all who have waited for this day and bought. Excited for you.

Lisa

I don't really find the AKL rooms any darker than the other resorts I've stayed in, other than the actual color of the bedspreads, etc. Every room I've ever stayed in at WDW has depended on the light from one window and the lamps in the room. Maybe it's a perception that if you are staying at the Beach Club with coral and turquoise you are getting more light than the tans and burgundies of the Wilderness Lodge, but I never feel like I have to put a miner's lamp on at AK.

I really enjoy the theme of the Animal Kingdom. It's so different from anything I have or could see on a regular basis. At the Wilderness Lodge, I can enjoy a wooded lake view - but I get that in the mountains of NC, too. At the Beach Club or any of the MK resorts, I can see water and the tops of some amusement park rides. Honestly, it's a similar view at Myrtle Beach, in that regard. But I've never stayed anywhere with live African animals roaming outside my window - it just gives me a thrill.

I really enjoy the theme of the Animal Kingdom. It's so different from anything I have or could see on a regular basis. At the Wilderness Lodge, I can enjoy a wooded lake view - but I get that in the mountains of NC, too. At the Beach Club or any of the MK resorts, I can see water and the tops of some amusement park rides. Honestly, it's a similar view at Myrtle Beach, in that regard. But I've never stayed anywhere with live African animals roaming outside my window - it just gives me a thrill.

I am with you! That's my point exactly. AKL is the ONLY Disney Deluxe that I think gives you something truly unique.

Just bought a small contract at AKV. Animal Kingdom is my second most favorite park (after Epcot). I really wanted something close to AK. The savannah views pushed it over the top for me. I also have small contracts at BWV and BCV (so I can walk to Epcot).

Disneyworld has a little something for everyone. I really don't spend much time at DTD, so didn't see any reason to buy SSR. Rather than add on at BWV or BCV, I really like the extra 15 years for AKV, too.

I'd add that Jiko's is our favorite restaurant at WDW, just edging out California Grill because they are very close in our mind as far as quality, etc.

We love AKL. My husband says staying there really DOES feel like "going home."

Being that my whole family are animal lovers, I can't say enough about how much we love staying here. It has so much to see and do! Just getting to see the animals on the savannahs from your room is a thrill!

It's just a very exotic and unique resort like nothing I can experience anywhere else. We love Boma, the lobby is just incredible, so many nooks to relax in. The savannah is amazing. The CM's are so unique there. We are always so excited when we go to AKL which we do several times a trip. I just love AK as well. The themeing, the entertainment, the CS.:thumbsup2 I am so pleased that we bought in today. The atmosphere there is wonderful as if you truly are in another part of the world.

It's just a very exotic and unique resort like nothing I can experience anywhere else. We love Boma, the lobby is just incredible, so many nooks to relax in. The savannah is amazing. The CM's are so unique there. We are always so excited when we go to AKL which we do several times a trip. I just love AK as well. The themeing, the entertainment, the CS.:thumbsup2 I am so pleased that we bought in today. The atmosphere there is wonderful as if you truly are in another part of the world.

I'll secind that and add that Animal Kingdom Lodge is the only other Disney resort we absolutely LOVE! We have never stayed there (too expensive, already have points, etc) but we jumped at the chance to own at AKV. The atmosphere there is so unique and relaxing.

We will not be buying AKV (we own too many points already!), but we WILL stay there. We have stayed at AKL twice already using points. Next to VWL (our home resort), AKL is by far our favorite resort. The kids love the animals, we love the overall feel of the resort, and IMHO AKL has the best restaurants on Disney property (excluding Victoria and Alberts, but that is not a restaurant that we would eat at on every trip). We are really looking forward to staying at this resort in DVC accommodations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter