AKV Club Level - What to expect?

we did 2 nights value, 2 nights club and 1 more night value in February to maximize our club use ;) We were fortunate that they weren't busy and we were never actually without a room (I realized the chances of that happening again about just about zero). You have access from breakfast on check in day through closing on check out day.

FYI lounge access actually extends beyond 10pm on checkout day. There’s no desserts out or anyone in the area but I grabbed a pop for the road around 10:30pm.

Club level at the hotels included turn down service every night. Freshly made bed, turned-down, with chocolates laid on pillows. Is that a part of AKV (DVC) CL service too?

Club level at the hotels included turn down service every night. Freshly made bed, turned-down, with chocolates laid on pillows. Is that a part of AKV (DVC) CL service too?
Our CL studio at AKV in June did not have turn down service.

Our CL studio at AKV in June did not have turn down service.
Good to know, before I made the assumption and rent AKL points or go after an AKL contract just to stay at a CL 1-BR. But man, if it had hotel-style CL, it would be a must-own!

Good to know, before I made the assumption and rent AKL points or go after an AKL contract just to stay at a CL 1-BR. But man, if it had hotel-style CL, it would be a must-own!
Yeahhhh I wish it did! I miss that level of service you get on DCL. But also grateful to not be paying cash for club level lol. I managed to snag a couple CL studios for a trip during March which is more business oriented so that’ll be nice for breakfast/dessert.

I’m not sure this service has returned. We did not have it at our last Boardwalk Inn club level stay.

No turn down service, but we did have daily mouskeeping. Fresh towels, bed made, trash emptied…
Nice! I didn’t even know they did daily mousekeeping for club level since we were only there one night. It makes me feel a little better about paying for 2 consecutive nights in a club studio knowing we’ll get mousekeeping the second day.

I know this is a controversial thing sometimes but do people tip the concierge here? I *think* this is one position at WDW where CMs can accept monetary tips?
Thanks for any clarification or experiences

Does anyone know the history of why this property has CL?

And why no other DVCs before or after do not?

Does anyone know the history of why this property has CL?

And why no other DVCs before or after do not?
I believe it had to do with the conversion of those rooms from AKL hotel rooms to AKV DVC villas but can’t remember the details.

I believe it had to do with the conversion of those rooms from AKL hotel rooms to AKV DVC villas but can’t remember the details.
Yes, they were forced to take them. I think it is a loss for Disney when people book them. I got two nights in one a few years back with points by unbelievable luck. I owned at OKW.

I’m surprised Disney couldn’t just say those rooms were no longer concierge level rooms when they repurposed them from cash to DVC.

I’m surprised Disney couldn’t just say those rooms were no longer concierge level rooms when they repurposed them from cash to DVC.
Since the lounge is on the 6th floor, and the repurposed DVC rooms are also on the 6th floor, there is simply no way to prevent people staying in that floor from using the lounge. So, bumping the point cost and including lounge benefits was really the only thing they could do.

They converted those rooms to DVC because they used to be regular hotel-side CL rooms and people were livid about paying CL prices and having no animal/ savannah views. It became enough of a problem that they had to figure out how to avoid putting cash guests in those rooms.

It became enough of a problem that they had to figure out how to avoid putting cash guests in those rooms.
Yep!

“We can’t get cash guests to fill those rooms, so let’s give ‘em to DVC! The [name of DVC resort] owners will pay for them!” [AKV, CCV, VGF, what’s next?]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter