AKV Kidani Standard View Room 7853

lovedisney123

DIS Veteran
I am briefly getting online to say, I love this room! We have a 2 bedroom standard view (dedicated 2 bedroom). We are in room 7853 and we actually can see some animals outside of our room!!!!!

I think most of the standard rooms do have views of the parking lot or pool area, but at the very end where we are you will actually get to see some animals outside. There is an access road that goes by, but for the most part it is private and wooded and below our room they put out food so animals will come by from time to time.

Now it is a VERY LONG WALK since we are on the end, but I am so happy that I get to see animals with my standard view room that I don't mind the walk.

Anyway...just wanted to let others know about this room location. This one has two queen beds in the second bedroom and there are three full baths. A very very very nice room!

That is it for my update. I am now returning to my vacation :)

Those are great rooms for standard view points! I had a 4th floor 1BR nearby last month. Despite the long walk, it was soon much better than a bus stop view!

Can u post a picture. ??? I'm there at the end of sept and would love some idea on room request
Enjoy!

I don't know how to post pictures. I'm sorry. The view isn't as wonderful as a Savannah view I am sure. It is only a small area between the building and the fence to the road used by the cast members (probably to go back to the animals). But I never saw anyone driving on that road, and there are a lot of trees and every day so far we have had animals under our balcony multiple times a day. The cast members even put food out at a feeding area right under our room.

So for standard view points, I feel like I really lucked out! If you look on a map of the resort and find room 7853 you can probably see the rooms that would have our same view. It is a VERY long walk to the lobby, but I would rather be here than closer to the lobby looking at the parking lot.

I think we had the room next to yours our last trip, but, we requested, and were charged for a savanna room (we rented a 1 BR). From our room, we could see Okapi, birds, all kinds of gazelles. Ours was 7851.

This was our view from near there.
(Of course panorama messes with perspective so the path I was on is more narrow than it looks here. But there was still good animal activity as CM's kept stocking food along the path)
Kidanistandardviewpanorama-Copy_filtered_zps62adaa4a.jpg

Room xx53 means you passed 52 other rooms on the way from the lobby (26 right and 26 left)

The buildings where they feed and examine the animals are over to the left. There were several antelope that would always sleep over on that side, probably under your window. There are also Okapi on that savanna; one is a female, who was pregnant when we were there in June. The mammals go in about 7-10 am, so, if you look at that time, you may miss them, but, the humans do maintenance chores when the animals are in, like change the straw, etc.

Thanks for posting the picture! That is our view! :) And since we only had enough points for a standard view room I was not expecting to see any animals, so this was a very nice surprise.

It has been a wonderful room for us! But yes, the walk is long....we don't mind though. The view is lovely :)

I think we had the room next to yours our last trip, but, we requested, and were charged for a savanna room (we rented a 1 BR). From our room, we could see Okapi, birds, all kinds of gazelles. Ours was 7851.

Yes, I think the rooms 'turn the corner' and our room may be the first one considered standard view. The ones in the hall before ours have a better view of the animals.

I think if someone paid for a savannah view and got our room they would be disappointed. But for standard points it is wonderful!

When we stayed in the room, we liked to watch the birds, which you can see better from the large window in the hall. When we were there, there was what appeared to be a blue heron nesting near the little pond. When the gazelle tried to get too near the pond, the heron would chase it. Wish I had had the video camera ready for that! (I had my slr at the time, and it doesn't do video). Blue heron, of course, are native to Florida, but, there aren't any birds on the identification sheet that resemble blue heron, so, I think it was a blue heron interloper.

I am not sure. We were in a 1 BR that had an adjoining studio, so, that would be charged savannah view points,since we were charged savannah view points. On the opposite side of the hall, all of the rooms would be savannah view, since they are facing the large, interior savannah. We were in room 7851. There might be another room that is on the same part of the curve (7855, 7857 perhaps), that might be standard points with savannah view.

That looks like an awsome find !! Cross my fingers I can get a sweet standard view in sept I think it is tottaly worth the walk
Thanks for the picture

I think if someone paid for a savannah view and got our room they would be disappointed. But for standard points it is wonderful!

We had a standard view 2BR like this at AKV, but ours was closer to the main lobby. I'll take a not so great savannah view room for standard view points any time - we were lucky! I can't remember our room number, but it was not far from the Kidani pool.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

That looks like an awsome find !! Cross my fingers I can get a sweet standard view in sept I think it is tottaly worth the walk
Thanks for the picture

The only time I added a request was online checkin when I selected Pembe (and not something like close to lobby or bus or pool)

I've been really slow processing my pictures, but here is a more complete panorama where you can look towards the larger Pembe sections on the right an left:
DB08A8FE-74FB-4A76-B5DE-9DC699D22CDD-2318-0000029355571306_zpsf511308c.jpg

And here was one of the Okapi that would wander between the 2 areas:
4139A698-AFA0-4D9E-AF10-FC776C225725-2318-000002988CDD6CBF_zpsf7047968.jpg

We had a standard view 2BR like this at AKV, but ours was closer to the main lobby. I'll take a not so great savannah view room for standard view points any time - we were lucky! I can't remember our room number, but it was not far from the Kidani pool.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Looking at the map of the resort, all of the odd number rooms on the pool side face the Pembe savannah or the pool. I think that there are only two buildings that would be designated savannah, based on the layout of the resort. I know the building I was in had to be designated savannah, because I have actually stayed in 7851 twice, and both times, paid savannah points, once in 2010 and once this year. The furthest building is also savannah, because we have stayed in a room in it, and paid savannah points twice. So using the 4th floor as an example on the pool side, 7811-7941, odd numbers, likely would be parking lot or pool view, with obstructed view of the savanna.
7843-7851 is the building we were in, and likely all rooms are designated savanna view. 7853-7859, odd, are in the next building, and probably all "standard" view. The remaining odd rooms, 7861-7881, I am not sure. They are also along the access road, and I am not sure how many animals are visible. But, whether they are designated savanna or standard view, I am not certain. I know that one grand villa was redesignated standard view, but I am not sure where that would be, possibly in the last building on the Pembe savanna side. In that case, all of the odd number rooms on that side are actually "standard view", whether officially designated as such or not.

I also considered changing my reservation for next summer to standard view, since nearly half the rooms in Kidani are standard view, when you look at the map. We are going late May, and the difference is 30 points for a 6 night stay (Saturday to Friday). Or else, I might make the request that we be assigned an even numbered, savannah view room. I have enough points for a savanna room, and I really enjoy mornings on the balcony looking out at the animals, which I most definitely would do in a parking lot view or pool view room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter