AKV or BWV

DevonsDisneyMom

DIS Veteran
Good morning!!! Hoping I can get some opinions.... We are currently booked at AKV Kindani for our upcoming trip in June. We are on the wait list for BWV. My question is if you had to chose between the 2 resorts, which one would you chose?

We have stayed at AKL before and loved it! My only real concern is the Kindani has no QS location and that the rides to the parks from AKV are pretty long.

As for BWV. I love the close proximity to Epcot and HS. But do not like that boardwalk share buses with all the other Epcot resorts to and from the other parks.

Help me decide what I should do if BWV was to open up! :goodvibes

Good morning!!! Hoping I can get some opinions.... We are currently booked at AKV Kindani for our upcoming trip in June. We are on the wait list for BWV. My question is if you had to chose between the 2 resorts, which one would you chose?

We have stayed at AKL before and loved it! My only real concern is the Kindani has no QS location and that the rides to the parks from AKV are pretty long.

As for BWV. I love the close proximity to Epcot and HS. But do not like that boardwalk share buses with all the other Epcot resorts to and from the other parks.

Help me decide what I should do if BWV was to open up! :goodvibes

There is a QS offering at AKV/AKL, but it is over at Jambo House. They do offer food at the Kidani Village pool area, but the offerings are limited. You pretty much have the same problem at the BW. Limited food offerings at the pool.

There is a QS offering at AKV/AKL, but it is over at Jambo House. They do offer food at the Kidani Village pool area, but the offerings are limited. You pretty much have the same problem at the BW. Limited food offerings at the pool.

Thanks Deb. such a tough choice... I know we could use Mara over at Jambo house. I just hate that it's not all that close to get to and from. I've looked at the menu at Maji and really isn't anything we would like there.

BWV lacks QS locations too which I don't like either but feel like with Epcot so close we could go there as well or the other Epcot resort.

Just really confused on what option to choose if BWV should become available.

I would always choose BWV over any other DVC. We walk to HS and Epcot. The buses aren't a big deal for us. When we go to Disney we know we will spend a good part of the trip waiting for something. I would suggest trying BWV and experience it for yourself.

Just to let you know boardwalk does not have QS place either. We stayed there last year and loved the hotel and its location. Being so close to Epcot and DHS is so nice. It is definitely worth staying there especially if you have never been there. We would do it again.

I have to be honest, you just cant beat the location of BWV's - I would stay there. However, as you can see below, we have stayed at AKV 4 times (always Kidani) and we love it there.

My DD loves the AKV resort, walking around seeing the animals, and for me it certainly is a points saver compared to other resorts. I honestly dont care where I stay with DVC, all the resorts have plenty of positives, and we always end up having a great vacation.

We also rent a car, so getting back and forth from the resort to the park is not an issue for us. But, I do love the location, and just walking around the Boardwalk area, or heading over to EPCOT to grab something to eat is just so easy and enjoyable.

Good luck deciding, you cant lose either way!

Thanks so much eveyone! We have stayed at AKL and loved it. The atmosphere and the animals are amazing! I think no matter where we stay we will be happy.

Ill be shocked if a studio opens up at BWV in June but if it does I think we will go with Boardwalk just to try something different.

Thanks Deb. such a tough choice... I know we could use Mara over at Jambo house. I just hate that it's not all that close to get to and from. I've looked at the menu at Maji and really isn't anything we would like there.

BWV lacks QS locations too which I don't like either but feel like with Epcot so close we could go there as well or the other Epcot resort.

Just really confused on what option to choose if BWV should become available.

You can stay at Jambo instead of Kidani ...

Since we'll be there for a week in Nov, that's what we decided to do - simply for the convenience of having Mara and Boma close at hand ... :)

The bus rides from AKV - except perhaps to MK - are not that "bad" ...

You can stay at Jambo instead of Kidani ...

Since we'll be there for a week in Nov, that's what we decided to do - simply for the convenience of having Mara and Boma close at hand ... :)

The bus rides from AKV - except perhaps to MK - are not that "bad" ...

Unfortunately Jambo house wasn't available for the full week we are there.

I think we will go with Boardwalk just to try something different.

that's exactly what i would've suggested :)

btw, we often just stroll over to EPCOT (from BWV) for CS: tangierine cafe in morocco , Boulangerie Patisserie in france, etc. also hurricane hannahs, take-out from BRG, BW bakery, swolphin, etc are great options.

that's exactly what i would've suggested :)

btw, we often just stroll over to EPCOT (from BWV) for CS: tangierine cafe in morocco , Boulangerie Patisserie in france, etc. also hurricane hannahs, take-out from BRG, BW bakery, swolphin, etc are great options.

It's so funny that people always suggest going to Epcot from the BWV to eat. Yet they can't stand to walk the distance to Mara from Kidani Village. :rotfl2:

If it comes available I would take the BWV. We have stayed there our last 4 times love it. You will love it or not but then you will know. People seem to be split. I love the location and don't mind the halls. We have eaten at Boma's the last 2 times and have threatened to stay at AKV both times. Actually booked it for a split stay in May then our BWV boardwalk view wait list came through. For me no contest. We have extended family that goes with us from time to time with 7 and 9 YO niece and nephew. We are planing a trip with them and the AKV is top on our list. Like a lot of other people say. If your flexible you cant go wrong. As to the buses. AKV long ride to everywhere BWV lots of stops. We usually drive down but I hate using the car so the buses at both places are an issue. I've gotten used to the BWV buses but do have to admit to getting a cab back to the room at midnight when I just couldn't stand the thought of another bus ride or waiting in line. $15.00 for a cab for 3 people one way. The last time we were there had some people with limited mobility with us and we took the large van cabs to and from the magic kingdom one day 20.00 over and 20.00 back. In the end 8 of us, $6.00 each both ways with tip. Money well spent under those circumstances I think.

Sorry I can't fully answer this yet? I'll be heading too AKV Jambo in APril for our 1st trip. I did stay at BWV last AUgust & it was awesome.....We could've gotten BWV but wanted to try something different....We've been to WDW 8 times so we've done everything pretty much over and over...Not that I don't want to keep on doing these things a million more times, but we're going to enjoy the serenity of the resort a lot more this trip.....We still will visit the parks pretty much every day, but at a leisurely pace....Also I'm not worried about a 10-15 minuyte bus ride from AKV to MK...Last trip in BWV felt like forever when we got picked up then went swan, then dolphin, then yacht club, then BCV, then finally the MK...That to me was the worst part of BWV

My 2 favorite resorts!:love: We split our stay last summer between the two. Started out the week at BWV and went to Epcot and HS. We moved mid-week to AKV, and did MK and AK. I know some don't like to move but it was perfect for us.

After sending our luggage on its way in the late morning, we headed down to the quiet pool with our day bags for a few hours. When we had enough sun, we went to lunch on the Boardwalk, then headed over to AKV. We arrived a little after 4:00 and our room was ready.

If I had to choose, I would probably go with BWV for convenience. They are both fantastic and we own at both. I know many people hate splitting and I totally understand why, but I don't mind. I feel it gives us the best of both worlds!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter