• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKV owners with 9/1 BEWARE!!!!! no summer ressies

twinmomplus2new

DIS Veteran
I have now been on the phone with MS for 20 minutes. despite going around and round with them.

HERES the bottom line. YOU will NOT be allowed to AKV until after September one. So if they told you like they did I that you can call June 6th with everyone else that is not true. and secure somthing for the summer you can not.

YOU can NOT call june 6th and secure anything for this summer. even though your points are useable at other Dvc's you can not access them for AKV period.

NOW to make matters worse they took from my AKL contract despite me wanting to use borrowed BWV points and was told no go as I had current AKV points available.

they are NOW canceling my summer reservation as the first cm should not have used the AKV contract. So they are canceling my reservation for august.:scared1:

I am now waiting on a supervisor. NO WAY in heck they are going to throw my ressie out the window here. Honestly I have never been this disgusted with MS in my life.:sick:

Still on hold..:rolleyes1
I am one point short that is why the first cm took from AKV ( this is what they are telling me) they will front me the 1 point for thier mistake and return all my AKV points as they are not useable. ( No kidding) But I have to agree to not try to move after they front me the point. I tell ya to heck with that. If I have enough to change over to AKL in a standard view I will change it no matter what.

all I can say is wow, wow, wow.:sad2:

HERES the bottom line. YOU will NOT be allowed to AKV until after September one. So if they told you like they did I that you can call June 6th with everyone else that is not true. and secure somthing for the summer you can not.

YOU can NOT call june 6th and secure anything for this summer. even though your points are useable at other Dvc's you can not access them for AKV period.

Here's what I'm guessing. Our point purchase is a deeded real estate transaction. Based upon our UY we purchased a fractional interest in a specific unit. In our case, (we are in the same boat) our unit will not be ready for occupancy until 9/1. Because we don't have a AKV unit until 9/1 we can't stay at AKV on points until then. DVC doesn't gain anything by doing business this way, so Florida Time Share law must be at work. Disney is a business and they made a business decision. Their choice was to keep AKL closed until 9/1 when everyone can stay or open up completed units and make some money knowing that some of us would be unhappy. There mistake was not being more up front with the restrictions at time of purchase. :sad2:

I am not sure what the OP is trying to say. It sounds like she is trying to book in August and does not have enought BW points and her VAK points don't become "real" at VAK until 9/1 when the "building" opens. (I say this because there is no new building so I assume this is DVC speak LOL!) The truth is that until June 6th in that case you can't book at VAK using any points for the August stays.

However, my guide made it clear (as did MS) that if my building was not "opening" or whatever before 9/1 then I couldn't book VAK in August. So all I can assume is that MS made an error on the OPs booking. It happens, those men and women are human.

You cannot use your AKV points for any stays anywhere prior to the occupancy date of your AKV unit. If you own a Unit with an occupancy date of Sep 1st, then your AKV points are valid for stays starting on/after Sep 1st. If you own a Unit with an occupancy date of July 2nd, then your AKV points are valid for stays starting on/after July 2nd.

So if someone owns an AKV Unit with a Sep 1st occupancy date but wants to stay at AKV prior to Sep 1st, they must book that stay using non-AKV points and must wait until June 6th to call MS. If they want to book a stay starting on/after Sep 1st, they can call MS right now to book that stay.

To the OP: Yes, MS did make a mistake taking your AKV points for your other reservation rather than letting you borrow BWV points. Your AKV points were not valid for that stay.

So can you use your non AKV points for stays before September 1st at AKV? I was thinking about calling June 6th and giving it a try.

They can't even find my AKV points!! Of course, I can see them plainly on the website.

So can you use your non AKV points for stays before September 1st at AKV? I was thinking about calling June 6th and giving it a try.

This just doesn't seem right - if there are no AKV units declared into the condominium until September 1, how can any DVC points be used to book AKV units before September 1? :confused3 :confused3

If there were a few units declared into the condominium prior to September 1, then only the AKV owners who bought the points associated with those units should be able to call prior to June 6 to make an AKV reservation for a stay for those dates, and they'd have to use AKV points to do it. Non-AKV owners can't all for any reservation dates until June 6.

Sounds to me like MS really messed up for the OP and is now trying to fix it. Unless the OP's points are tied to a unit ready for occupancy prior to the August dates of the desired AKV reservation, he/she should not have been allowed to make the reservation - with any points.

Hope MS and the OP come to a satisfactory resolution.

I'm really confused. If the unit is not available until 9/1, doesn't that mean that the points dont' show up until 9/1 (i.e. Sept UY)?

This just doesn't seem right - if there are no AKV units declared into the condominium until September 1, how can any DVC points be used to book AKV units before September 1? :confused3 :confused3
There were some units declared prior to Sep 1st. I believe the date is some time in July -- I don't know exactly which day. They started selling these units a month or two after sales started. So the first people to jump in got Sep 1st occupancy dates. People who bought a month or two later got July '07 dates so they are able to use their AKV points prior to Sep 1st.

If there were a few units declared into the condominium prior to September 1, then only the AKV owners who bought the points associated with those units should be able to call prior to June 6 to make an AKV reservation for a stay for those dates, and they'd have to use AKV points to do it. Non-AKV owners can't all for any reservation dates until June 6.
Yes and what is confusing and upsetting to some people is that those who bought in right away are precluded from booking AKV for summer stays during the owners' booking window. On the other hand, since dues will start at the later of your occupancy date or the start of your UY, those with a July date and UYs of June or earlier will start paying dues earlier than those with Sep dates so for those not interested in booking a stay in the summer, the Sep occupancy date is better (lower dues for 2007).

Sounds to me like MS really messed up for the OP and is now trying to fix it. Unless the OP's points are tied to a unit ready for occupancy prior to the August dates of the desired AKV reservation, he/she should not have been allowed to make the reservation - with any points.

Hope MS and the OP come to a satisfactory resolution.
This is not the only case either. At least one other person has posted a similar story: MS used AKV points to book a stay at VWL or somewhere for this summer, then later called the member back to say they needed to use other points for that reservation because the AKV points are not valid for their dates.

There were some units declared prior to Sep 1st. I believe the date is some time in July -- I don't know exactly which day. They started selling these units a month or two after sales started. So the first people to jump in got Sep 1st occupancy dates. People who bought a month or two later got July '07 dates so they are able to use their AKV points prior to Sep 1st.

Interesting. I just bought in May and I have an August UY. I just looked at my documentation and my unit will be ready for occupancy on July 2nd. For me, it doesn't really matter since my next trip and therefore my first trip home won't be until next year sometime.

:confused3 My point is, I am NOT using AKV points. nor did I book and AKV reservation I had no intention on doing so. As I was told by my guide stays after 9/1.

I had used my BWV contract. when I saw AKV had july and August I was going to cancel and return my BWV points and use aKV contract called MS and was told this was a go. call back may 26th. This was incorrect.
I then added on a night at SSR and they then used AKV points for that 1 last night. ( this was late MArch??)I questioned and was told I could use them at any DVC just not AKV. Ok???? but call back June 6th if I want to try and switch.
I was not happy about that story but whatever. Today it had changed to the fact that the AKV points are not useable at all before 9/1 hence we are canceling your SSR reservation secured with those. First off only the last night was AKV points. So why they were canceling the entire reservation is anyones guess at this point.
When it became apparent AKV would have rooms available. I called the 26th and was told no dice as my unit was tied to a 9/1 occupancy date.

My issue is and was, MY AKV popints where taken 2 mts ago when I was short a few for my August SSR stay. When I questioned this? I was repeatedly told. This was/is not possible as the points can NOT be used before 9/1.
However the points were plainly taken out of the AKV contract. Because there were current 8/07 use year they had to be used first.:confused3

Ok so then if they can be used I will cancel my borrowed transaction and get AKV with my current 07 points and was told no they are not in use.

They had allready used them. So this was an error on thier part.
Now my August reservation is secured with BWV points that I had previous put in play. I have to call on 6/6 and try to switch over to AKV. using ZERO AKV points but rather my BWV contract. That apparently makes sense. To me it's nonsense.

Further telling to me to agree to not move if they fix THIER mistake by fronting me 1 point.
NOPE... I have the right to use my BWV points just as any other owner who calls on june 6th. my reservations change over would free up about 7 points and I will not need the one point they used to fix thier mistake.

How would you feel if asked to stay put because they have complicated this transaction? Would you say fine. Or if your guide told you the AKV points were in play as of August first and they are not?

I agree they are infact human, however they have screwed this up so many times and retalked numerous occassions.
They are acknowladging THEY are making the errors not me. and acknowladging that NONE of it makes any sense. But are powerless to correct it.

My situation is fixed. My reservation is secure and My AKV points are made whole again.

Thats all I am going to say on the situation. I am letting people know. Because I can not be the only person that was mislead.:flower3:

Thanks for the additional info, Lisa - I agree it is confusing. Too bad MS didn't train the CMs more carefully or perhaps they could have restricted AKV booking to a few "experts" until things settled a bit.

I know people are going to swear that this isn't true, but I already used 13 AKV points for a one-night stay at VWL at the end of May. I know that MS wasn't supposed to do it, but frankly, I didn't have the time or patience to help them fix their mistake. They merely pulled from the wrong pile.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has utilized their AKV points.

I agree it is a mess and I will be calling my guide to complain and writing DVC a letter.

I took the AKV developer points instead of the discount, and it has been a nightmare ever since. They have made these points so difficult to use, they dont show in my account online or at MS unless they view a special screen. When the MS agent cant see these points and I tell them they are there and where to look, I get attitude like they know their job and who am I to tell them how to do it. I know, because I have been thru it enough times. Then when they finally do find the points and the associated ressies, the use of these points requires the filling out of a form and submission to the back office for manual processing. The problem is, it takes 3 or 4 days to complete the reservation this way and then when I call to follow up, oops the ball was dropped and it will take another 4 days for the same ressie:scared1:

I agree it is a mess and I will be calling my guide to complain and writing DVC a letter.

I took the AKV developer points instead of the discount, and it has been a nightmare ever since. They have made these points so difficult to use, they dont show in my account online or at MS unless they view a special screen. When the MS agent cant see these points and I tell them they are there and where to look, I get attitude like they know their job and who am I to tell them how to do it. I know, because I have been thru it enough times. Then when they finally do find the points and the associated ressies, the use of these points requires the filling out of a form and submission to the back office for manual processing. The problem is, it takes 3 or 4 days to complete the reservation this way and then when I call to follow up, oops the ball was dropped and it will take another 4 days for the same ressie:scared1:

Yikes, sorry you had such a mess. I used my 100 developer points plus 15 borrowed points to make a 4 day 1BR VWL reservation for July. It did seem to be cumbersome on the other end, but I received my confirmation so I assume it ultimately ended well.

I'll be glad when this period is over and we can all be sure of our points working the way they are supposed to!!

I know people are going to swear that this isn't true, but I already used 13 AKV points for a one-night stay at VWL at the end of May. I know that MS wasn't supposed to do it, but frankly, I didn't have the time or patience to help them fix their mistake. They merely pulled from the wrong pile.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has utilized their AKV points.
I don't doubt it at all. I think we're seeing the effects of a combination of factors: some new and inexperienced MS CMs, lack of training or understanding on the roll out of AKV and a somewhat buggy computer system that doesn't fully support the job the CMs need to do. It's a recipe for disaster and we're getting reports here every week of problems -- MS CMs making mistakes, reservations disappearing from the system, points disappearing from member's accounts. I need to call for a reservation starting on Monday and I plan to take snapshots of my account data before and after I make the call in case I need documentation to help them put my account back together after the fact.

I did have to call about something weird on my confirmation. It said 100 developer points used, but in the next line it said 98 non developer points used. Since I knew I had only borrowed 15, I freaked and called. They didn't know why it had shown as 98 points, but assured me on their end that they only saw 15 borrowed, so it would be fine.

I'll bet they will be glad when the 7 month mark passes and everyone's developer points are used or expire!!!

And for those that don't understand why there is confusion, this is the first paragraph on the member website TODAY..............

Now's the time to book your stay at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas
Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas Members can now make reservations for stays beginning on July 2, 2007 at this exciting new Resort. Starting June 6, 2007, other Disney Vacation Club Members can book for stays beginning July 2, 2007. Space is limited for the initial dates, but more rooms will be available as these distinctive Resort accommodations are introduced.

I dont see any caveats or footnotes that cover the exclusions regarding if your building is open etc:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter