AKV questions?????????

momba#9

Earning My Ears
After previewing the new AKV materials we received I must admit it is temting. The resort really looks like a destination unto itself. I have a few questions I was hoping you all could answer:

1) Looking at the maps it shows a section opening July 2007, one in Sept. 2007, one December of 2007, and one May 2008. Those are all at the original AKL. The main section (Kidani Village) is listed as "proposed construction"????????? Is this a hint that if sales do not go well that that section is open for review and perhaps not be completed????

2) If I do purchase AKV points NOW can I use them at other resorts or just the open phases at AKL/DVC section? If I can use them elsewhere wouldn't that strain 7 month availability?

3) Any planned food by the pool? I don't see anything on the map and it appears to be a stroll to the Sanaa Restaraunt. How about a pool bar??????

Thanks for any thoughts or help.

Mike

1) Looking at the maps it shows a section opening July 2007, one in Sept. 2007, one December of 2007, and one May 2008. Those are all at the original AKL. The main section (Kidani Village) is listed as "proposed construction"????????? Is this a hint that if sales do not go well that that section is open for review and perhaps not be completed????

DVC is converting the top two floors of AKL (about 134 rooms). The construction of Kidani Village (about 324 rooms) is in the early phases (there was activity when I last visited earlier this month). Given how AKV sales are going, I have no doubt they will complete Kidani Village.

2) If I do purchase AKV points NOW can I use them at other resorts or just the open phases at AKL/DVC section? If I can use them elsewhere wouldn't that strain 7 month availability?

I purchased at AKV and got 2006 points. I am using some at AKV this December, and I can use the points at any other DVC resort.

DVC is converting the top two floors of AKL (about 134 rooms). The construction of Kidani Village (about 324 rooms) is in the early phases (there was activity when I last visited earlier this month). Given how AKV sales are going, I have no doubt they will complete Kidani Village.

I purchased at AKV and got 2006 points. I am using some at AKV this December, and I can use the points at any other DVC resort.

Thank you for the quick reply.

Wouldnt the fact that you purchased AKV points and can use them now at other resorts be a violation of Timeshare law??? I mean if I buy I'm all for that but it just doesn't seem right. How can a point be "used" anywhere when the corresponding builkding you bought into isn't even open?

Thanks,

Mike

Wouldnt the fact that you purchased AKV points and can use them now at other resorts be a violation of Timeshare law??? I mean if I buy I'm all for that but it just doesn't seem right. How can a point be "used" anywhere when the corresponding builkding you bought into isn't even open?

The unit on my deed had an estimated occupany date of July 2, 2007. Thus, I can make a reservation at AKV or any other DVC property after that date.

Thank you for the quick reply.

Thanks,

Mike
You are correct that the AKV points cannot be used anywhere until the unit the purchaser boughta percentage of is ready for occupancy.

Those who got points that are being used before that, actually got "Developer" points. Those are points owned by the Developer/Disney at the other DVC resorts and my understanding is that they CANNOT be used at the AKV.

There are no 2006 points at AKV. The first set of AKV points are 2007 points. Disney was offering buyers an option of either a set of "developer points" that expire in 7 months or an $8/pt discount, so are you referring to developer points?

...1) Looking at the maps it shows a section opening July 2007, one in Sept. 2007, one December of 2007, and one May 2008. Those are all at the original AKL. The main section (Kidani Village) is listed as "proposed construction"????????? Is this a hint that if sales do not go well that that section is open for review and perhaps not be completed????...

Construction has already begun on Kidani Village.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter