• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKV rooms available???

twinmomplus2new

DIS Veteran
Ok I am confused I get the AKV owners are able to book after May 16th. Heres my confusion, I thought ?????
it was stays after September1st or somehwere near near.
However I have seen several referances to rooms being available in July. Is this true and whats the deal here. Why Do I keep seeing july 2007?:teacher:

Where have you seen July? And what do you mean by "September 1st or somewhere near near."? Sorry.
I have only seen/heard that reservations will be accepted for September 1st or later, and AKV owners may begin making reservations on May16th, and non-AKV owners may begin making reservations on June 6th. Reservations will only be accepted for rooms in the existing building because the new buildings, well, haven't been built yet. So there are only about 130 rooms to go around, I *think*.
(Perhaps what you have seen is that people feel non-AKV members should not be allowed to make reservations until JULY because it would give AKV OWNERS more of a booking advantage this time around?)

The map of the resort, on the dvc site, shows a phase of the conversion set for completion in July.

http://advc.disney.go.com/media/dvc/languagespecific/eng/resorts/animalKingdomVillas/DAKVMap.pdf

Guides are saying that DVC ressies using points will NOT be taken for AKV for any dates before September 1st.

It's possible the construction will be complete, but the rooms left empty, OR they'll be used as test rooms OR they'll be made available via CRO for cash reservations (again, sort of to "test" they system). They will NOT be available to be reserved using POINTS until after Sept 1.

Guides are saying that DVC ressies using points will NOT be taken for AKV for any dates before September 1st.

It's possible the construction will be complete, but the rooms left empty, OR they'll be used as test rooms OR they'll be made available via CRO for cash reservations (again, sort of to "test" they system). They will NOT be available to be reserved using POINTS until after Sept 1.

This is what I saw... I wasn't sure if they were leaving them empty or going to spring surprise inventory this summer....

If the rooms are ready for occupancy in July, I would be shocked if the developer let them sit empty until September. It only makes sense that the developer would send them to CRO to be rented for cash. The cash proceeds for the rentals (less whatever they pay CRO to handle the reservations) would belong to the developer.

The rooms do not belong to DVC members until they are "declared into the condominium". Apparently, the developer has decided that September 1 is the date that will happen.

If the rooms are ready for occupancy in July, I would be shocked if the developer let them sit empty until September. It only makes sense that the developer would send them to CRO to be rented for cash. The cash proceeds for the rentals (less whatever they pay CRO to handle the reservations) would belong to the developer.

The rooms do not belong to DVC members until they are "declared into the condominium". Apparently, the developer has decided that September 1 is the date that will happen.

I agree, I'd be shocked if they were left open, too.

I only listed it as an option because, while unlikley, it's possible.

I think initially they'll be used as test rooms (through July/early August) and will be CRO inventory for a couple weeks in August. But that's just a guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter