Alamo A or B side

It’s hard to predict. It may depend on which garage folks dropping off their rental cars have used on a particular day. It’s quite a trek to check both when picking up a car, particularly with luggage in tow. You need to go from the level 1 garage into the terminal, up to level 3 (departures), across the terminal atrium, and back down to level 1 to get to the other garage. Since there are high-volume airlines on both sides, there are likely comparable numbers of rental cars moving through each garage, with some fluctuations depending on flight schedule, weather, etc. I’ve not had a problem getting a reasonable choice of car in the Alamo full size aisle on the A side (we usually fly SW), but saw a similar selection on the B side the one time I took the Magical Express back to MCO to pick up a car to drive to St. Pete Beach at the end of our WDW stay because the rental rate was so much cheaper than picking up on site at the Dolphin or Car Care Center. A sample of one doesn’t say much, compounded by the fact that that experience was pre-Covid when rental cars were more plentiful. We did a recent rental from MCO, picking up in A, and the Alamo full size selection was good. A full aisle, about one-third crossover SUVs (which I avoid) and the rest 4-door sedans (Altimas, Malibus, Camrys).

Last edited:
Are both sides open now? In April only 1 side was open. I think it was the A side.
Yes, both sides are now open. Heading to Vero Beach, we arrived on SW on July 5th, so picked up on the A side. DD arrived on UAL the same day, so picked up on the B side. She dropped off her rental on July 9th on the B side and took Magical Express to WDW, and we dropped off ours on July 12th on the A side and headed home.

Last edited:
Does Alamo have a better inventory on the a or b side in the full size car row?
The inventory fluctuates though out the day. There is no way to know which will have the better inventory when you get there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter