Alamo - coupon code AD2365FDN - Reservation locked out!

ILoveMyDVC

DIS Veteran
Hey -
Folks in the August/September thread are saying their reservations with Alamo using coupon code AD2365FDN are locked for cancellation or change.

Might want to check your reservation,

Had the same issue. Had to call, and argue with 3 people to get someone to help us correctly.

They couldn't get us the exact original rate we locked in, but it's only like 20 cents higher total wise than our prior reservation.

However, when you pull it up on Alamo's website it's for a much higher amount and I can't do the online check in to skip the counter.

I’m trying to cancel mine, but it’s still there. I’ve since rebooked with another coupon and my rate is lower now.....September 9-22, 2013. Used AP code 860292 and $25 coupon AD3868JST.

The coupon in question was not suppose to expire until December 2018. Not sure what happened.

I'm wondering if it was just a glitch or if they noticed an abuse of the code. It really is supposed to be a discount for members of the AOPA. Even so, it's strange that you can't view or cancel your reservation and what a pain to have to start the process of finding a good car deal again. And what about the people who can legitimately use the code? Really stinks for them.

I'm wondering if it was just a glitch or if they noticed an abuse of the code. It really is supposed to be a discount for members of the AOPA. Even so, it's strange that you can't view or cancel your reservation and what a pain to have to start the process of finding a good car deal again. And what about the people who can legitimately use the code? Really stinks for them.

All I can tell you is that we've been VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED with the level of customer service we received from Alamo with this entire fiasco. A whole bunch of people who can't/won't help us, and a bunch of indifference in trying to fix the situation.

I'm still searching for lower rates that don't use that coupon prior to our 9/1 arrival but odds are we won't and we'll be stuck using this band-aid of a reservation that is littered with issues mainly being the online confirmation is 80 bucks higher than the one they emailed us.

My husband is an AOPA member, and the link from the membership site is still valid and shows a 12/31/18 expiration date. I spent an hour on the phone where they told me nothing could be done and then another half an hour when someone from quality assurance called me back. He was able to verify the original rate, but as the OP mentioned no online checkin and I have a feeling it will be a nightmare once we get there. DH and I did the math and I think we’re just going to Uber all week instead.

We had this same issue on the reservation we made oodles ago. It wouldn't let me check in online. So, I called and talked with the agent at Alamo. She couldn't get the reservation to open either. So she connected me to Customer Service. After about 5 minutes on hold, she came back and said they couldn't open it either. They then connected me with the escalation department. After about a 15 minute wait I got someone from that department. He said that coupon code is no longer valid and that is why the reservation would not pull up. I then told him well, per the AOPA website,and that I AM a member of AOPA, the coupon is valid through 12/31/18 right on the AOPA/ALAMO website. He said from what they know the coupon is no longer valid. He did say though that the reservation is still good, and they confirmed our rate. He said the only thing we couldn't do is check in online, which means we have to go to the counter when we get to orlando. We cannot simply go out to the garage, get our car and simply drive away.
So we'll see. We have a different reservation with both ALAMO and BUDGET for just a little more than what this would have been with the coupon at Alamo. If the lines are too long at the counter, it might be worth the difference to just pay the difference and maybe go with another company. My time is more valuable than standing for hours at ALAMO to go to through their counter.

~D

Shades of texas brazil code. I can see them discontinuing the code, list capacity issue for new reservations

Alamo one of the few rental agencies that is very lax with mixing and matching corporate codes/coupons.

Doesn’t sound as though they are outright cancelling these reservations. Admit I’ve used the coupon myself.

By having customers present themselves at the counter sounds like there is a good chance to produce qualifying ID to utilize the coupon’s $30 discount. Doesn’t seem fair to those who are officially eligible to use it to be denied.

Well here’s a thought, how many folks are not going to cancel or can’t cancel this reservation. I’ve sent them 3 messages now to cancel and it’s still there. So Alamos inventory is thinking these cars are reserved, yet folks are not going to use the reservation. You would think they would get this straightened out for their own benefit. Bottom line, I’m not going to the counter. I’ve since booked a reservation that is $40 less than the one that is locked close

Well here’s a thought, how many folks are not going to cancel or can’t cancel this reservation. I’ve sent them 3 messages now to cancel and it’s still there. So Alamos inventory is thinking these cars are reserved, yet folks are not going to use the reservation. You would think they would get this straightened out for their own benefit. Bottom line, I’m not going to the counter. I’ve since booked a reservation that is $40 less than the one that is locked close
Hey All! I had success with cancelling my res with this coupon by contacting Alamo thru the "Contact Us" button on the main web site. It takes you to an "opinion" page where I used the MCO location to proceed. Left a message with my res number to cancel & forwarded to Alamo explaining the problem. Got a note from Tony at Enterprise this afternoon that the res was cancelled. It no longer appears in my account. Hope this helps. Rick

Hey All! I had success with cancelling my res with this coupon by contacting Alamo thru the "Contact Us" button on the main web site. It takes you to an "opinion" page where I used the MCO location to proceed. Left a message with my res number to cancel & forwarded to Alamo explaining the problem. Got a note from Tony at Enterprise this afternoon that the res was cancelled. It no longer appears in my account. Hope this helps. Rick

Thats great. Glad to hear it worked. I’ve done that exact thing three times now, but no success like you. I’ll try again for the fourth time tomorrow.

What about the folks that fully completed online check-in & printed everything out BEFORE the code went defunct??

Shades of texas brazil code. I can see them discontinuing the code, list capacity issue for new reservations

Alamo one of the few rental agencies that is very lax with mixing and matching corporate codes/coupons.

Doesn’t sound as though they are outright cancelling these reservations. Admit I’ve used the coupon myself.

By having customers present themselves at the counter sounds like there is a good chance to produce qualifying ID to utilize the coupon’s $30 discount. Doesn’t seem fair to those who are officially eligible to use it to be denied.
Vegas Brazil code still works for non-US residents. I have used it twice this year for reservations in the US from Canada.

Had the same issue,rebooking today, as we leave this Saturday. Fortunately, the rates are about the same. So glad i did see the post. I really don't want to call them, I'd rather rebook. Does anything actually happen if you can't cancel the reservation? you don't get charged anything, do you?

All I can tell you is that we've been VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED with the level of customer service we received from Alamo with this entire fiasco. A whole bunch of people who can't/won't help us, and a bunch of indifference in trying to fix the situation.

I'm still searching for lower rates that don't use that coupon prior to our 9/1 arrival but odds are we won't and we'll be stuck using this band-aid of a reservation that is littered with issues mainly being the online confirmation is 80 bucks higher than the one they emailed us.

Are you a member of AOPA? Otherwise, a bit funny to complain that Alamo wouldn't help you when you ran into problems because you were trying to commit fraud. And, yes, using a group rate that you are not entitled to use is fraud.

If you are a member AOPA, then ignore.

I’m trying to cancel mine, but it’s still there. I’ve since rebooked with another coupon and my rate is lower now.....September 9-22, 2013. Used AP code 860292 and $25 coupon AD3868JST.

The coupon in question was not suppose to expire until December 2018. Not sure what happened.
Do you know if you have to show your Disney passholder status when you get the car?

Do you know if you have to show your Disney passholder status when you get the car?

I know that they could ask, but haven’t been asked. We are passholders and dvc members, so could produce the cards if asked.

Thats great. Glad to hear it worked. I’ve done that exact thing three times now, but no success like you. I’ll try again for the fourth time tomorrow.

What worked for me was using Alamo's automated system through their customer service number. I just selected the cancel option, entered my confirmation number, and the automated system canceled it. I did call back a little later after not receiving any confirmation email and spoke with an agent, who assured me the reservation showed as canceled in their system. The next day that reservation was gone from my upcoming trips. Hopefully one of these options works for you.

What worked for me was using Alamo's automated system through their customer service number. I just selected the cancel option, entered my confirmation number, and the automated system canceled it. I did call back a little later after not receiving any confirmation email and spoke with an agent, who assured me the reservation showed as canceled in their system. The next day that reservation was gone from my upcoming trips. Hopefully one of these options works for you.

Thanks. I’ll try that.

Update....I did do it this way and it cancelled immediately. Thank you for posting this info. I just didn’t want to be holding a car I wasn’t using

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter