Alamo dropoff, pickup times and procedures at MIA for Royal Caribbean

richmo

DIS Veteran
In August, we'll be doing a cruise on Royal Caribbean from Miami.

Prior to the cruise, I'll have a rental car from Alamo that I'll drop at MIA, then shuttle to the port. The cruise leaves at 4:00, paperwork I have so far indicates embarkation begins around 11:30. When would be a good time to specify dropoff for the car at MIA?

The cruise documents indicate a 7:30 AM arrival time in Miami at the end of the cruise (having left Key West 6:00 the prior evening). When would be a good time to specify pickup of a rental car at MIA?

From what I'm reading, prior to the cruise, it sounds like I drop the car at Alamo, then take an elevator to the roof of the car rental building and wait for a shuttle to take us to the port. Does that sound correct?

What about after the cruise? Once we have our luggage, is it pretty easy to get to the place where Alamo will pick us up?

Prior to the cruise plan on about 30 minutes from the time you are arriving at Alamo to drop the car off to the time you are arriving at the cruise terminal. Earlier and later will be less time as less people are there.

After the cruise, schedule the car pickup at 8 am

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter