• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Alamo self serve Kiosk

greenclan67

Callie35
Anyone used these. I was originally booked with Budget for our vacation, and I was able to get it down another $30 today with Alamo. Rental period is March 8th to March 19th, and with a $30 coupon and a 15% sunpromo discount, it came to $234.17. My experience with Alamo is that they always try to get you to take a bigger car or upgrade and so on. This is for a mid-size.
Would I be better off to sign up for their programs on line and use the self serve kiosk? Has anyone used it? Is it any faster!
Thanks

The Alamo kiosks work great. I have used them quite a number of times, always fast, never a problem.

So just so I have this right, the kiosks are in the same area as the Alamo ticket counter, right? I would just go to the Kiosk, and does it scan the paper I have or something? What about the coupon for $30 off, it is inputted on my ressie, but I printed a copy in case I needed it physically. Is the kiosk pretty self explanatory, walking you through it or is it one of those "car rental kiosks for dummies", that some of us "bright" people have trouble with?
So after doing that, you just go out to the parking garage and grab a car, or do you have to check in with the attendant, or what do I do at this point. Anyone that has all of these details would be greatly appreciated!! TIA

So just so I have this right, the kiosks are in the same area as the Alamo ticket counter, right? I would just go to the Kiosk, and does it scan the paper I have or something? What about the coupon for $30 off, it is inputted on my ressie, but I printed a copy in case I needed it physically. Is the kiosk pretty self explanatory, walking you through it or is it one of those "car rental kiosks for dummies", that some of us "bright" people have trouble with?
So after doing that, you just go out to the parking garage and grab a car, or do you have to check in with the attendant, or what do I do at this point. Anyone that has all of these details would be greatly appreciated!! TIA

The kiosk is in the same area. I think it took about 5 minutes, but I had already put the drivers license # and all of the info in ahead of time. They are very easy to use, you can either use your confirmation # or scan the barcode. I used a coupon on my ressie and it was already figured in and they didn't even ask for it. You head to the garage, and I think we told the guy we had rented a minivan and we just picked out the one we wanted. You then stop at the booth before you exit the garage and hand them your paper work. This was by far the easiest rental I have ever done:thumbsup2

The kiosks are easy but even easier is to check-in online before you go. You print everything off and when you get there you go straight to the garage and pick out the car you want in the category that you chose. You give the paperwork to the attendant at the exit gate and you are on your way! Super easy and super fast! I can never figure out why all the people are standing in the giant line to rent from Alamo when the kiosks are right there and they have the online check-in. I always walk by and think Thank God I knew better! ;)

Thanks guys, for all your help! I think I will be one of those people that will be "glad I know!" and not standing in line forever for a car rental. Eithier way, kiosk, or online check in, it will be faster then standing in the line! I also think I got a good price to boot!!! Now I just have to wait 21 days!!!

You can't check in on-line if you are using any kind of coupon code. Use SaveTime a couple days before leaving to pre-enter much of your information, if you have an extra driver, you can add it during SaveTime. It will speed up the kiosk checkin process a little bit.

You can't check in on-line if you are using any kind of coupon code. Use SaveTime a couple days before leaving to pre-enter much of your information, if you have an extra driver, you can add it during SaveTime. It will speed up the kiosk checkin process a little bit.

I've always used coupon codes (not print off coupons) and I have never had a problem checking in online before I left for my trip. Just did it in October and before that in Jan. 08.

I've always used coupon codes (not print off coupons) and I have never had a problem checking in online before I left for my trip. Just did it in October and before that in Jan. 08.

Are you using a coupon code or a contract ID? There is no On-line Check-in button on the reservation or in the e-mail if a coupon code was used to make the reservation.

Are you using a coupon code or a contract ID? There is no On-line Check-in button on the reservation or in the e-mail if a coupon code was used to make the reservation.

Now wait, let me get this straight. Are you saying I can now bypass the kiosk as well as the counter? I have always used the kiosk and the Save Time info before we left. I have never done online check-in. BUT....I always have both coupon code and a Contract ID. Are you saying I CAN or CANNOT bypass the kiosk by doing online check-in?

Last year, our plane was delayed over an hour. Had I done online check in before i left home, how would that have effected me? But if online check-in lets you bypass the kiosk too, then I am going to do that instead from now on. These boards are great for finding things you didnt know or realize.

Now wait, let me get this straight. Are you saying I can now bypass the kiosk as well as the counter? I have always used the kiosk and the Save Time info before we left. I have never done online check-in. BUT....I always have both coupon code and a Contract ID. Are you saying I CAN or CANNOT bypass the kiosk by doing online check-in?

Last year, our plane was delayed over an hour. Had I done online check in before i left home, how would that have effected me? But if online check-in lets you bypass the kiosk too, then I am going to do that instead from now on. These boards are great for finding things you didnt know or realize.

If you are not using a coupon then you can check in online before leaving home. Then just print your paperwork, land, head to the garage and pick out your car, then hand the gate attendant your paperwork from home. If you are using a contract ID you can check in online. If you have a coupon code also, then you must use the kiosk or counter.

I did just look on the Alamo site and it does say you cannot check-in online if you use a coupon BUT the link has always been in my emails and I did it in Jan. 2008 using my AP contract ID in conjunction with a coupon. It was either use your Visa or MC (can't remember which) and I got an additional $25 off my rental. There was a link in my email and I used it to check-in online. That was the first time I used online instead of the kiosk.

Last October I used a Visa Contract ID that I got from Mousesavers in conjunction with a "hot deal" coupon code from the Alamo site. Again I had the link in my email and I checked in online with no problems. I still had my reservation confirmation email in my WDW folder in my email and the links are right there with the contract ID and coupons listed.

I have always used codes (ecoupons) not any coupons that are printed off and handed in to anyone.

I have a contract ID, and a ecoupon for $30 off a weekly rental coupon, but it was an ecoupon, which I did print it as well just in case I needed it! I guess I will see in 3 weeks when it is time to go, which I can do! Thanks for all your help guys!

The kiosks are pretty easy to use. In fact, what I've often done is go to the kiosk as soon as I arrive at MCO and the family goes to baggage claim. Then as soon as the baggage comes out, we can go right out to the cars.

You do have to be pretty careful pushing the buttons on the kiosk display as they do try to get you to upgrade and purchase extra insurance, but its a lot better than occasionally pushy agents.

I have a contract ID, and a ecoupon for $30 off a weekly rental coupon, but it was an ecoupon, which I did print it as well just in case I needed it! I guess I will see in 3 weeks when it is time to go, which I can do! Thanks for all your help guys!

Just curious does your reservation confirmation email have the link to check-in online?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter