• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Alaska 2020 :)

gumbypee

DIS Veteran
What are yalls thoughts on RCCL Serenade of the Seas vs Emerald Princess vs Oosterdam Holland America (I know zero about Holland) for Alaska August 2020 ish

Pros Cons?

Thanks

Emerald Princess
  • Built 2007 - Refurbished April 2019
  • 3080 guests : 1200 crew (2.57 guest/crew)
  • 113k gt, 951 ft
Serenade of the Seas
  • Built 2003 - Refurbished 2016
  • 2490 guests : 891 crew (2.79 guest/crew)
  • 90k gt, 962 ft
Oosterdam
  • Built 2003 - Refurbished 2016
  • 1848 guests : 812 crew (2.27 guest/crew)
  • 82k gt, 950 ft

Looking at prices, Oosterdam and Serenade are priced similarly depending on what day and room you're looking for. Emerald is a bit more expensive which is to be expected for a newer, bigger ship.

If you live in the US you'll probably be able to get to Seattle (Oosterdam and Emerald) more easily than Vancouver (Serenade).

They all do slightly different itineraries as well. Pay attention to how long you are at each port. Often times the round trip stops do shorter stays at ports.

Wow thanks for info!!!

Lots to think about. I am now looking at a one way Vancouver to anchorage bc I like itinerary but flight is more :/

Wow thanks for info!!!

Lots to think about. I am now looking at a one way Vancouver to anchorage bc I like itinerary but flight is more :/
Yeah, I decided that the one way trip was worth it, especially since I don't think we'll be able to do another Alaska trip for 15+ years. I want ours to be an "all out" trip.

I've been saving chase ultimate rewards points for the flights to make it more reasonable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter