Alaska Airlines Disney planes - Just the luck of the draw?

BriannaRuth

DIS Veteran
We take Alaska from Seattle to SNA every time and have never gotten one. :( Anyone know if they tend to fly certain routes or is it totally random?

It’s sort of random, but here are the tail numbers for them so you can track them on any available flight tracking app (I use Flightradar24) — you can see a few days ahead their planned routes, but note that they can swap aircraft for operational reasons at any time:

Alaska Airlines Disney Planes
Friendship and Beyond at Disneyland Resort
N537AS | Boeing 737-890
N537AS-1024x686.jpg

Photo (c) Brett Smith

The Spirit of Disneyland
N318AS | Boeing 737-990
N318AS-1024x686.jpg

Photo (c) Brett Smith

Toy Story 4 Plane
N589AS | Boeing 737-890
N589AS

OMG those are so cool! I never knew those existed. Anything different on the inside or just the outside theme?

OMG those are so cool! I never knew those existed. Anything different on the inside or just the outside theme?

Its just the outside. Alaska also has a lot of the Horizon air regional planes themed to the different Pac12 schools and few others. I have flown on a couple of the different school. Still just the same old outdated Bombardier Dash 8-Q400 on the inside.

I think it would be awesome if Disney partnered with airlines to start the experience on the plane. Goofy serving drinks mid-flight would be amazing. lol

We fly out of SEA to SNA at least once or twice per year and have never gotten to fly one of the Disney planes! Here's hoping we both get that chance someday!

United also has a Star Wars plane that has theming inside and out (debuted around Rise of Skywalker). I've seen the plane twice but never flown on it.
United Star Wars Plane

The United flight even has Stormtroopers show up at the gates at Orlando from time to time.

Attachments

• United-Stormtroopers.jpg
    United-Stormtroopers.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 3
  • United-Stormtroopers1.jpg
    United-Stormtroopers1.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 3
  • United-Stormtroopers2.jpg
    United-Stormtroopers2.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter