Alaska Cruise

chaoscent

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
DH graduates from OTA school in July, 2012. I told him that for his graduation gift I wanted to go on a Disney Cruise to Alaska. We are planning it for September or October 2012. :thumbsup2 Can't wait. Penny

DH graduates from OTA school in July, 2012. I told him that for his graduation gift I wanted to go on a Disney Cruise to Alaska. We are planning it for September or October 2012. :thumbsup2 Can't wait. Penny
The Alaska cruise season barely extends into September, and for 2011, DCL's last Alaskan cruise starts the end of August (30th) through September 6. There's a break of a couple of weeks (dry dock?) then the repositioning back to LA in mid-September. So, assuming the Wonder will be back in Alaska in 2012 (and there's no reason to assume it won't) there won't be any Alaska cruises in October, and limited availability in September.

Just thought you should know so you can maybe re-evaluate the dates you're planning for.

Sayhello

An Alaskan cruise sounds great and a terrific way to celebrate a new graduate! - but I doubt you will be able to go in Sept or Oct.
The 2011 sail dates only go through the end of August. After that it's starting to get too cold up there and the smaller waterways will begin to freeze.
2012 dates are not yet released for Alaska, but I'd plan for an August date at the latest.

Trust me...you do not want to go to SE Alaska in October....I grew up there and it average...(that's averages) 170 inches of rain a year...It is very beautiful and its great during the summer, but fall...sorta rough...and as stated in earlier posts...I think all the cruise lines are done by the second week in September....

Well Obviously you can tell I haven't done any research yet. (crawling away to hide under a rock :scared1:). I was waiting until after Christmas and was going to contact Dreams Unlimited to ask them to look into for me. Looks like we may have to wait another year as DH graduates at the end of July and August was job hunting month. Decisions, decisions???? :confused3 Thanks everyone, Penny

Well Obviously you can tell I haven't done any research yet. (crawling away to hide under a rock :scared1:). I was waiting until after Christmas and was going to contact Dreams Unlimited to ask them to look into for me. Looks like we may have to wait another year as DH graduates at the end of July and August was job hunting month. Decisions, decisions???? :confused3 Thanks everyone, Penny

DH graduating as OTA. ... Probably not much hunting involved. OT/OTA are hard to come by.

Occupational Therapy Assistant. They work under the supervision of an Occupational Therapist. :goodvibes Penny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter