Alaska - Disney Wonder - Stateroom recommendation?

littleBeast

Earning My Ears
We are booking an Alaska cruise for next year in the Disney Wonder. We want to get a Plexiglass Verandah room... however, just wonder what the best choice is?

We were originally going to choose mid-ship for lack of movement, but I read that the mid ship rooms (I was looking at deck 6) have obstructed views because of the lifeboats/stabilizers. Would a deck 7 room have a less obstructed view?

Is there little enough movement on the Alaska cruise to be safe getting a forward or aft room with no lifeboats below?

Thanks!

We’ve done midship deck 6 on all of our Wonder cruises. The lifeboats are no problem as far as a view go. I would suggest a midship cabin away from the elevators though to cut down on elevator traffic noise.

I recommend 6134 or the other secret verandah rooms, 6634, 7120 and 7620. I stayed in 6134 plexi verandah but is priced at a navigator's...good savings and excellent cabin. I have been on the wonder in forward, midship and (for the Alaskan cruise) aft and found no troubles with thrusters, etc, that were different than the other areas of the ship (although I have never been lower than 5th deck). Enjoy! It's a cruise like no other

This is a midship deck 6 on the Magic so will have the same views as the Wonder. It shows the verandah.

We are booking an Alaska cruise for next year in the Disney Wonder. We want to get a Plexiglass Verandah room... however, just wonder what the best choice is?

We were originally going to choose mid-ship for lack of movement, but I read that the mid ship rooms (I was looking at deck 6) have obstructed views because of the lifeboats/stabilizers. Would a deck 7 room have a less obstructed view?

Is there little enough movement on the Alaska cruise to be safe getting a forward or aft room with no lifeboats below?

Thanks!
The lifeboats don't really block any sort of view from deck 6. You won't be usually looking straight down from the verandah (the lifeboats are tucked under deck six on deck 5).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter