Alaska lumberjack show

Jeni1781

Mouseketeer
Is there any reason to book the Disney lumberjack through Disney versus booking directly with the lumberjack show?
We will already be off the ship as the only show time is 3:30 so if we book through Disney we need to go back on board to meet and go together so we were thinking of just booking it on our own. Am I missing out on anything by booking it on my own? Thanks.

I think the "booked through Disney" version includes character appearances. Donald and Goofy in lumberjack gear or something like that.

Since there are no transportation delays to worry about, no reason not book on your own. It's in easy walking distance of the ship.

I think the "booked through Disney" version includes character appearances. Donald and Goofy in lumberjack gear or something like that.
You can book the Disney version of the show directly through the lumberjack show's website.

There's no reason to book through Disney. You can save $5 per ticket by booking directly through the lumberjack show's website and you won't have to get back on the ship to meet up for the "excursion".

You can book it yourself or through port adventures. I believe we did ours through Port Adventures and did not have to go back to the ship to meet up. Meet point was outside the venue/show

You can book it yourself or through port adventures. I believe we did ours through Port Adventures and did not have to go back to the ship to meet up. Meet point was outside the venue/show
That’s what I was thinking - but it’s been over a decade (and might have been a Princess cruise).

Last Summer, we booked the Disney version direct with Lumberjack, saved a few $$$ and had no issues, and got to see the exact same stuff as anyone else who booked direct through DCL. I tend to book most of my stuff through DCL... but this is one where I was comfortable doing otherwise

Last Summer, we booked the Disney version direct with Lumberjack, saved a few $$$ and had no issues, and got to see the exact same stuff as anyone else who booked direct through DCL. I tend to book most of my stuff through DCL... but this is one where I was comfortable doing otherwise

Do you remember what was extra with the Disney version? Better seats? A photo or characters before/after? A drink or snack? (Trying to think of things we didn’t have).

Some characters intertwined into the show a bit. Same seats. I cannot remember if you were able to get pictures with the characters - maybe.

Attachments

• IMG_2819.jpeg
    IMG_2819.jpeg
    76.4 KB · Views: 2
I know when we booked with Port Adventures they had a choice? With character show or without. We did without. I don't remember any huge savings vs. doing it on our own. Maybe a few dollars?

Do you remember what was extra with the Disney version? Better seats? A photo or characters before/after? A drink or snack? (Trying to think of things we didn’t have).
The show is slightly different as it features Disney characters to get the show started, and likely slightly adjusted to be even more family friendly. Nothing else is really much different

On their website the show seems significantly more expensive than booking directly through Disney. Not sure if I’m missing something.

For us it was $5 cheaper to book directly through the website vs. booking through Disney. That was just last year (2023). Maybe they raised their prices this year and Disney hasn't caught up yet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter