• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Alaska * May 24, 2011

schmoopiecat

Earning My Ears
We booked this cuise last week on the Magic. Has anyone else booked yet? We had a great Dismeet group on our Magic cruise & would love to make more new friends on our Wonder Alaska cruise. We will be celebrating our
35th wedding anniversary.

My DH & I ( Alex & Angela ) from Vancouver, Canada will be celebrating our 7th wedding anniversary.

We're in Cat 11B.

Cruisingly Yours

Angela,it's good to hear from you. We had a great group meet on our last cruise. This thread will probably start off slow, but it will build as the time passes. Have a great day.
Trina

I have added a link to your thread on the main index page. Have a great cruise!

My wife and I are sailing on his cruise also! We are in 7620 I think!

Squid

Hi All:dance3:
I am James with DW D.Anne who are going on our 4th cruise and our 1st to ALaska.. I am looking forward to several posts with mucho info forthcoming.. Looking forward to a cruise meet prior to the sail-away and possibly 1 on another day for any who missed.. Any info I can help with I will provide if I know.. Staying after the cruise at Worldmark Vancouver.. Any ideas on prior to the cruise(the night before?) YO HO YO HO an Alaskan cruise for me..

James:firefight

Hi James, sorry I havent checked in on this thread lately. I see you are a retired FF/PMED. I am the Asst Chief of a small FD in Illinois and the manager of an ambulance service also.
Looking forward to more pre cruise chatter!

Squid

Hi Fireplug
We definaltely will have to do a shirt trade on the ship.. I just called the union hall today to buy some more shirts..LOL Looking forward to a meet and greet also. As we move forward maybe we have someone who has a concierge room and we can have the meets in there? James-ffhawg

That's cool.. I got my 3 shirts from the union hall 2 days ago and 1 is yours my friend..I menat to ask what is your cabin number? Ours is 7136.. I hope I am able to ambulate this cruis.. The last 3 I had to use a cane and couldn't get in the water.. Of course I don't think I will jump into the Bering sea any time soon..LOL

Let me know you size I wil be sure to bring one along! We are in 7620 near the back also!

Sorry I havent been on here much we are ordering a new "Squengine" for our Dept and I have been crazy busy with that and brush fires!

Squid

Let me know you size I wil be sure to bring one along! We are in 7620 near the back also!

Sorry I havent been on here much we are ordering a new "Squengine" for our Dept and I have been crazy busy with that and brush fires!

Squid

HI:banana: Cool on the room number.. Party(maybe) 2xl and let me know what size you want..I will take a picture and post soon of the shirt.. Not many brush fires in St. Pete but the north and east of Pinelas County are rich in them..

I wear a 2xl also! We are planning a trip to California for Oct of this year but I will check in here as I find time!
I will also post a link, if you want, to watch our Squengine being built. Ferarra does a great job of taking pics of progress. It will go on the line 4/5/10 and has an expected delivery date of early to mid July!

Squid

Hi Fireplug
Sounds good to me..I just ordered 2 shirts form roxy on line.. They are tie-died mickey's.. Of course I had to have it done in the DISer lime green for the mickey head.. I also talked to her about another with the colors of the ALaska flag for oour trip in 2011.. I will send you a picture of the tie dies when we get them.. Maybe you will want to order too.. I will send you her address..http://s629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/Fantasia1972/ give it a look on her site..
James

Those look pretty cool! I may have to do some shopping ........

Squid

My mother and I will be on this cruise as well, sailing in a Category 9 on Deck 2 midship.

Looking forward to talking with you all over the next year as we anticipate our first-ever Alaska cruise!

Karen

Hi..Sorry it took so long to get back to your post on here but .. Welcome DISer to the group.. I am sure as it gets closer we will be swamped with DISer's on this group.. Look forward to you post..pirate:

Glad to see a few more posts. Looking forward to this cruise for a long time and we have LESS than a year to go!

Squid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter