Alaska Photos

Hi,
The trip sounds wonderful! May I ask about the number of kids and when did you go? I would love to go in July next year with 2 girls ages 8 and 10. I am hoping there will be kids on this tour.

Thanks so much for the info

Hi,
The trip sounds wonderful! May I ask about the number of kids and when did you go? I would love to go in July next year with 2 girls ages 8 and 10. I am hoping there will be kids on this tour.

Thanks so much for the info

We were there July 1 - 8. There were 30 people on the trip. Five were young kids - two 11, two 9 and one that was probably around 6. There were 4 teenagers. The younger kids bonded early in the trip and had a great time together. Our guides told us that there were 16 kids on the trip prior to ours. I think this itinerary will be popular for families with children.

Just curious if you felt the Disney pixie dust was worth it vs doing the trip on your own?

I think it was totally worth it. It would have taken me months to research all the accommodations and activities, and even then I wouldn't be confident that I had made the right choices. I guess I could have just followed the ABD itinerary on my own, but it wouldn't have been the same. I am responsible for everything at home, and for me it is absolutely priceless to be able to relax and enjoy myself, knowing that our guides are going to take care of everything. And we received special treatment everywhere we went. For instance, on the fjords cruise, we boarded before any of the other guests and had a private meeting with the captain. The visit to the Alaska Sea Life Center is after hours, so we were the only guests in the building. There were special touches every day. Also, the other families were just great and that made the experience even more enjoyable. My son is an only child, so having the other kids to hang out with was very important for him. Also, besides being so good at their jobs, the guides are just delightful people and it was great fun to spend time with them.

Nice to see the pics of home. Kind of funny thinking there is ABD in AK.
Glad everyone is coming up north to see there is more to us then what is on the news this last year. We truly are the last frontier and by the way non flush facilities are a bit of a luxury in the bush. We work on the 4 plunger awards.

Another good thing about this trip...now that I've been to Alaska and know my way around a little, I would be perfectly comfortable going back on my own someday. There are a lot of other activities that I would like to try. Just loved all the Alaskans we met. They were so friendly and laid back. Many of them told us that March is a beautiful time to visit. I would love to go back sometime when we could see the Northern Lights.

Another good thing about this trip...now that I've been to Alaska and know my way around a little, I would be perfectly comfortable going back on my own someday. There are a lot of other activities that I would like to try. Just loved all the Alaskans we met. They were so friendly and laid back. Many of them told us that March is a beautiful time to visit. I would love to go back sometime when we could see the Northern Lights.
I've been told there's a possibility I may be able to see the Northern Lights while I'm there in September. That's been a life-long dream! I am *so* stoked about that possibility!

Sayhello

I've been told there's a possibility I may be able to see the Northern Lights while I'm there in September. That's been a life-long dream! I am *so* stoked about that possibility!

Sayhello

We were told by the locals that as long as there is actual darkness, you can see them. If you go to this link http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=81&month=9&year=2009&obj=sun&afl=-11&day=1 it shows the sunrise and sunset times in Fairbanks. Looks like you will have some nighttime while you're there. That should be an amazing sight!

Love seeing the Alaska photos. I have lived up here for the past 10 years and continue to be amazed at what a truly beautiful place it is. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter