Alcohol at Be Our Guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eta not sure if that link above works but Deb from Allears is stating they will serve beer and wine there ...

Not buying it for a second. Disney's policy has always been no alcohol during regular park hours inside MK.

Well, the info is being reported by numerous reliable sources live from the Disney media event.

Saw details that guests will not be allowed to leave the restaurant with alcohol.

Jill in CO

I agree, I can't imagine them starting to serve alcohol after this many years of MK being "dry"

PLEASE let this be true. MK can get so nutty, its the one park that I could really use a glass of wine:)

It's in the Disney Parks Blog.
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...t-be-our-guest-restaurant-in-new-fantasyland/

I don't like it one bit.

ETA: From the blog.
And just for dinner, select wines and beers will be offered that complement the French-inspired cuisine.
“As part of the overall theming, we wanted to offer wine that enhances the guest experience and complements the French-inspired cuisine,” says Stuart McGuire, Beverage Director, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. “The wines focus primarily on France’s famous wine-growing regions, including Champagne, Alsace, Loire, Rhone, Burgundy and Bordeaux.
“We’ll also offer the leading French beer, Kronenbourg 1664,” says McGuire. “And, staying in the general region, we’ll also offer Belgian beers.”

I don't know whether to be happy (I love wine ESP with dinner and I got a BOG dinner ADR in December :cool1:) or to be sad (I love Walt and everything he stood for).

Sad to say, it really is official.

That is just so wrong.

I don't like it one bit.

Sad and disappointing that a French styled dinner would serve wine? Sad and disappointing that you can consume alcohol in DHS and then ride ToT, or in Epcot and ride Test Track, or in AK and ride EE, but now it is a tragedy that you can have a glass of wine with dinner in the MK? People need to stop being so Ameri-centric and Puritanical. The rest of the world can consume a glass of wine it the non-U.S. Magic Kingdoms, but somehow the sky is falling if Americans can enjoy the same pleasure? I don't think so.

I wish they would leave it as a dry park in honor of Walt. There are plenty of other places you can get alcohol.

So what's next- champagne at CRT? Chianti at Tony's? Bud Light at the Plaza?
Honey mead at Crystal Palace? I am NOT pleased with this turn of events at all. :sad2:

I wish they would leave it as a dry park in honor of Walt. There are plenty of other places you can get alcohol.

I'm willing to bet that if Walt was still alive alcohol would have been brought into that park looooong ago.

DL is not dry, they have been serving alchohol for years at Club 33. Alchohol is also served at private events in both the MK and DL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter