Alcohol before muster drill?

Hey peeps I am pretty sure my comments were not taken seriously. It was a joke.
Well, at least I took it seriously.

Sadly, I've been at muster drills where people have obviously imbibed too much prior to the drill. And were still drinking during the drill. It's worrisome when you realize those people are in the same lifeboat as you are.

DCL actually has drinking events before the muster, so they are definitely NOT discouraging drinking before it! I've been to them on the last 2 cruises. One was a wine tasting the other was champagne, they were at 1:30 or something like that on embarkation day. We loved it.

Well, at least I took it seriously.

Sadly, I've been at muster drills where people have obviously imbibed too much prior to the drill. And were still drinking during the drill. It's worrisome when you realize those people are in the same lifeboat as you are.

I don’t like being around people who have overindulged. Can’t imagine being shoulder-to-shoulder with them at a muster drill.

It's not a party.

They allow people who have been at a parry to participate, so...

They were taken away by who I assumed was security. I always wondered if they were allowed to remain on the ship or not.

Of course. Just being drunk, and most likely drunk from what they were served on the ship, doesn’t get you booted. They likely just got their own muster drill later.

And then it's OK for those who've "done it before" to be distracting to those who've never done it?

At no point did she say to be distracting. She was describing (with heavy use of emojis) an amusing mental image of adults leaning on each other. Not of yelling and screaming or falling over.

It's worrisome when you realize those people are in the same lifeboat as you are.

And those same people would be in the lifeboat in case of emergency, and might well have been drinking leading up to that. If you drink, so might you have been. Emergencies don’t just happen when you’re sober alert awake and fully aware.

Everything in consideration! I feel strongly about attending the muster drill. Even though we did many already and they are boring. But a little drink at poolside before it starts, I mean its is your vacation, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter