Alcohol delivery rumor- Confirmed

Nursemanit

DIS Veteran
Seeing rumors that DVC/WDW no longer accepting alcohol at bell service without member and ID present. Can someone confirm who is onsite ?

Seeing rumors that DVC/WDW no longer accepting alcohol at bell service without member and ID present. Can someone confirm who is onsite ?
As far as I know, it’s been that way for quite some time. At least since last summer. I was at the Bell Services desk at the WL when there was an alcohol delivery and they called the guest room to have the person come down to the lobby to pick it up. I left before the guest arrived, but I’m guessing they had to show ID. The person at the BS desk wouldn’t accept it.

Many require this but having used Garden Grover and now using Dizzy Dolphin they are set up somehow with Disney to deliver without the need to be present. They both confirm age during the ordering process and this may be how they can do this...smjj

So far, for us, the only delivery service we don't have to meet with ID has been Garden Grocer but the beer is not refrigerated so don't plan on a cold one right out of the box. Now when using Doordash, Instacart, etc., the beer is received cold and luckily, since I was standing there was my grey hair and ID, we were able to take it directly to the room fridge and pop a top.

https://www.vacationgrocerydeliveryfl.com is also approved to leave alcohol at Bell Services without having to meet them.

The point of my post is Disney now does not allow any service to do this

We stayed from 7/13/23 -7/20/23 and used vacation grocery delivery. We used the alcohol option as well, and had it all delivered to Jambo House, well before we arrived. Bell services delivered all groceries and alcohol to our room without proof of ID. proper ID was uploaded to the delivery service prior to placing the alcohol order, but nothing else was provided to anyone else.

The point of my post is Disney now does not allow any service to do this
Not true, we have used and are using again on our upcoming trip Dizzy Dolphin and they are one of two I know of that can and do deliver alcohol to the resorts without the need to be present. They confirm age during the ordering process. I already have my order placed and it includes alcohol. Many delivery services do not have this ability or choose not to but Gargen Grocer and Dizzy Dolphin are two that do..smjj

Not true, we have used and are using again on our upcoming trip Dizzy Dolphin and they are one of two I know of that can and do deliver alcohol to the resorts without the need to be present. They confirm age during the ordering process. I already have my order placed and it includes alcohol. Many delivery services do not have this ability or choose not to but Gargen Grocer and Dizzy Dolphin are two that do..smjj
People reported the bell service was refusing at Poly without people present regardless of who you used

I just heard back from Dizzy Dolphin and it is true. As of 8/1/2023 they nolonger allow alcohol to be dropped off, you need to be there to get it...smjj
Thank you very much - I wanted to confirm this was not just a misinformed CM.

Good information. When we go with a larger group, we do use a car service that allows us to do the grocery and liquor store stop, but contemplated choosing a different option if we could have it all delivered.

This seals the deal to just keep it the way we have!!!

Thanks for sharing. This is good info to have! Better to be prepared than disappointed!
Chris stated they can deliver it still with your groceries if you are there to get it or they will return with the alcohol later once you have arrived and have your room assigned. She stated as of now they will not charge a second deliver fee for this but was very disappointed that Disney changed this policy..

Follow up question...I wonder if this will change the policy when transferring resorts and whether or not they will still transfer it for a guest....

I would think not because I can see why they don't want to be the one to accept it, but, you never know! We tend to do it all ourselves now because we have refrigerated items to transfer, so it won't be a big deal...

Nothing on Garden Grocer’s website yet about any policy change, and they still tell you to upload a photo of your ID to allow alcohol to be dropped off.

A question I have asked is when we sign for the alcohol with our grocery order and the room is still not ready at that point will they store the alcohol with the groveries? I mean once the guest has signed for it in person I would thik they would store it with the groceries. Rooms are often now not ready many times until after 4:00 or so. I would not want to have to lug the beer and wine around with me until them..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter